Are you loyal to one saw brand.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guido Salvage

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
Just partial to saws that don't cost me much. I suspect I have examples from a couple of dozen different brands, I probably own 50 or 60 Poulans. Surprisingly, I have abut 25 Stihls, didn't buy my first one until a couple of years ago.

OlympicYJ

OlympicYJ

ArboristSite Guru
Husky or Stihl for me. I've ran various models of both. I tend to go toward Husky for bigger saws and Stihl for smaller ones. No homeowner saws for me. If it doesn't have a mag case I don't care. I run a 260 pro and a 372 XPW factoy BB, and just recently acquired a 288XP project.

Dolmar doesn't have a presence around here but Husky and Stihl have unlimited support. Madsen's is only a 45 min drive for me. :wink2: If I could acquire a Dolmar to play with I would but they just aren't there. Although I did find a local small engine repair shop carries Dolmar so I will be checking it out.

Oh and I checked out a 261 today and it felt a little bulkier than my 260 Pro. Plus didn't care for the combo switch on it. Just didn't feel like it fit as well as my 260.

I hate flippy caps. They're okay when they work but a PITA to keep the crud out of tanks because of the irregular recesses. Oh and I love Husky's separate ign switch and choke lever. Simpler to work on.

Like someone said. Even Husky and Stihl make turds too.

Twindad

Twindad

ArboristSite Operative
Grew up with Homelite and Stihl, but I now prefer Husqvarna. They just seem to suit me better. I am definitely not opposed to Stihl or any other brand if I find a good deal won a good saw. I use a ms361 at work and enjoy it and had a chance to run a 261 the other day and was impressed by the power and handling. I also own a stihl trimmer and blower. The biggest issue for me currently is the local dealer situation.

BigDaddyR

BigDaddyR

Addicted to ArboristSite
Nope. I try to pick the tool with the best value and reliability. The last two just happened to be Huskys but if I found the right deal on XYZ saw that was quality I'd buy it. I will say having similar saws makes maintenance and working them/working on them easier. I think I've caught a bit of the bug though and will be seeing more brands in my stable.

Latest posts