Been playing with a MS400C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guy called this morning with cash in hand. He was willing to drive straight over to assume ownership of the ms290. He's now #2. #1 from Coeur d'Alene is suppose to call at 8 this morning.

I also have a neighbor upgrading his ms271 to a 3/8 pitch drive, and I am selling him a 18" bar and chains to make it happen. He just needs to pick up the clutch spur driver he ordered last week.

The cash to make the 400 happen is lining up. I guess I'll start making calls and see if the 400 is really not available in my area, before I get my new friend from Virginia to pickup and ship me one. Whaahoooooo.... :happybanana:

I found the receipt for the saw. I paid $321. Just sold it, for the $275 + I gifted him the 3/8 spur sprocket and got him to buy one of my surplus bars and skip tooth chisel chains.

I called a dealer in Kalispell, and he is aware of the 400 but hasn't any idea when it might make it to this region (Pacific N.W.). He is to meet with the regional representative so might know more soon.

A good day! :)

I found the receipt for the saw. I paid $321. Just sold it, for the $275 + I gifted him the 3/8 spur sprocket and got him to buy one of my surplus bars and skip tooth chisel chains.

I called a dealer in Kalispell, and he is aware of the 400 but hasn't any idea when it might make it to this region (Pacific N.W.). He is to meet with the regional representative so might know more soon.

A good day! :)
i talked to my kid and a shop in Boise has gotten two. The day he was in there, they had just gotten the second one in and put it on the shelf. He would have bought it for me, but I am not in that big of a hurry anyway. I am on two lists already and will get one at some point.

i talked to my kid and a shop in Boise has gotten two. The day he was in there, they had just gotten the second one in and put it on the shelf. He would have bought it for me, but I am not in that big of a hurry anyway. I am on two lists already and will get one at some point.

Wow! So they are here, but just in low supply. I just got off the phone with the Shoshone Stihl Dealer in Pinehurtz, Id and was told "On Backorder", and that is all they know. Says it is likely a Covid thing, and trying to ramp up production to meet demand. Just going to have to wait some.

I feels weird not having the ms290 filling its space.

Wow! So they are here, but just in low supply. I just got off the phone with the Shoshone Stihl Dealer in Pinehurtz, Id and was told "On Backorder", and that is all they know. Says it is likely a Covid thing, and trying to ramp up production to meet demand. Just going to have to wait some.

I feels weird not having the ms290 filling its space.
As I told you in PM, we don't have any more here right now either. I'll let you know the minute one pops up. If you don't want it at that time, someone else here might.

Thanks for checking. If there was any warrantee issue to arise, best to have made the purchase locally. So I'll just have to wait a bit.
I helped a friend in New York get a 241, and he was able to keep his warranty. He called and paid for it with a credit card and we entered his name in the computer for the warranty. His 241 had an issue, and he told them he bought it on a trip that took him through Virginia. Your warranty doesn't have to be in the state you live in.

MR
My dealer has two more inbound, I do not know ETA, but I will see them Friday and tell them do not let them out the door until they call me first.
Yes I can arrange for you to call, pay for it, put it in your name, and I will ship it to you.
If you find one before I get back to you, just quote this post and let me know please.

MR
My dealer has two more inbound, I do not know ETA, but I will see them Friday and tell them do not let them out the door until they call me first.
Yes I can arrange for you to call, pay for it, put it in your name, and I will ship it to you.
If you find one before I get back to you, just quote this post and let me know please.
Look at us all behaving like civil adults lol Chainsaw people should run the world haha

MR

Thanks. For warantee purposes, best to buy locally. Dealers make decisions on the viability of a claim, and would lean favorably towards an in house purchase.

Thanks. For warantee purposes, best to buy locally. Dealers make decisions on the viability of a claim, and would lean favorably towards an in house purchase.
No problem just offering, but fyi if your saw is registered especially under warranty, your local dealer tries to screw you over because you did not purchase from them, you have them by the stones with Stihl.
My dealer has worked on stuff both warranty and non warranty from other dealers for years.

No problem just offering, but fyi if your saw is registered especially under warranty, your local dealer tries to screw you over because you did not purchase from them, you have them by the stones with Stihl.
My dealer has worked on stuff both warranty and non warranty from other dealers for years.
He was 100% correct. If you have a properly registered saw, they HAVE to honor the warranty. What about guys that go cut out of state, or help cutting for/after Forrest fires in different states? They can NOT deny your warranty because it came from another state. Different country? OK, then they may have a leg to stand on. If they try to deny it, report it to Stihl, and they will be reprimanded and/or "fined".

Keep in mind, sometimes people do ship saws as gifts. Would it be right if they didn't honor the warranty all because you were given a saw?

Was looking at the specs of a few saws. Notably the 362. There is no comparison. The 400 is clearly the better saw and for about the same price. And the 362 is not available either. A serious chainsaw drought is underway. I'm thinking that is why the 290 sold so fast and got such a huge interests in less then a day.

I'm on the list. :happybanana: Finally! Ace Hardware's Power Pro Shop, is very aware of the 400c and put me on the list for when they get one. I mentioned that Boise, Id has been receiving them (albeit limited numbers), and he reminded me that Idaho's Representative is not the same as Montana's Rep. I've pretty much called everyone, and now it is just wait....

I'm on the list. :happybanana: Finally! Ace Hardware's Power Pro Shop, is very aware of the 400c and put me on the list for when they get one. I mentioned that Boise, Id has been receiving them (albeit limited numbers), and he reminded me that Idaho's Representative is not the same as Montana's Rep. I've pretty much called everyone, and now it is just wait....
I will still let you know when one comes in. $800 + tax for PHO

Latest posts

Back