Charity Firewood Cutting for Interfaith Caregivers of Burnett County WI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I will be able to make it. I will have my skid steer with.

Excellent. I think Tim has his loader torn apart as well doing some repairs. I'm going out to the garage today to try and figure out what is wrong with mine. I think it is an intermittent short in the BICS system. I've been looking at it and have already fixed a couple bad looking connections.

We make a ramp . . . out of saw dust . . . (like the Romans, or Egyptians . . . )

Philbert

Or this way. But we could substitute a truck or tractor for the horses.
LoadingSleds.jpg

Found this one looking for the picture above. Don't know if the load is really that heavy or he's just showing off for the camera. The info for the picture said it's from the 1940's.

41-51-1-34-117.jpg

Screen shot 2016-01-09 at 12.09.36 PM.png

I am thinking that we develop an elevator system similar to the shipping locks on the Mississippi river: the fresh saw log is rolled onto a lever arm; the other end of the lever arm is slowly loaded with cut rounds, rolling off the platform, until they have enough weight/mass to raise (or at least counter balance the log) up to the cutting platform. After the saw log is rolled onto the cutting deck, the cut rounds are unloaded to the splitting platform, allowing the log lift to return for another log.

We could do a whole Mother Earth News documentary on it. . . .

Philbert

Or this way. But we could substitute a truck or tractor for the horses.
LoadingSleds.jpg

Found this one looking for the picture above. Don't know if the load is really that heavy or he's just showing off for the camera. The info for the picture said it's from the 1940's.

41-51-1-34-117.jpg
That's a Case VAC with 26hp. I learned to drive on one like that. In my experience with that load and those cleats on the tires, he wasn't just showing off. You could easily get the front end up with those. Sometimes to your peril!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back