Common man looking for a chainsaw on a budget

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jakethesnake

jakethesnake

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I am all for the husqy suggestion but just a quick search you can get the poulan 50cc shipped free to your walmart I've never ran one but 200 or less you get antivibe that's enough to make me wanna try it I'll grab one for myself if I find one used

bikemike

bikemike

loud pipes save lives
I just went through a 1 owner poulan 50cc recently that didn't run. Did a carb kit took caps off tuned it. Ran good cut strong and fired easy cold without use of primer bulb. The owner of that also has a new 461 and 390 something stihl both new saws and still swaps em out for the Poulan cause its lighter. Unlike the pp4620avx the 5020 runs a 3/8 chain not a .325

fordf150

fordf150

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Sponsor
I have seen that video several times, but think that the Stihl easy start is a much better system for someone who had a bad shoulder. It is much smoother and does not have that jerky motion.
Yes the stihl easy start is easier but is also far more failure prone, expensive to repair when it does fail and has more components to fail

LittleLebowski

LittleLebowski

ArboristSite Guru
Dang, I'm dying here :D Every time i find something that sounds good, it is either out of my price range or unavailable. This is a good thing; being inundated with info. Keep it coming!

I'm trying to sell some gun stuff in order to up my budget a bit.

o8f150

o8f150

Tree Freak
cs400 brand new is way under your budget,,, do a MM and trim limiters and it will be a good saw for many years,,,, i have put many many hours on the 370 and 400,, i sold all my saws but 1 and that is the cs400

NCfirewood

NCfirewood

ArboristSite Operative
I can suggest a homeowner saw that will work great for you. I own one. It was a gift from my father when I started heating with wood. Homelite 3816 from Home depot. $139 with a case. Go ahead and buy the Oregon 18" bar and chain combo and throw away the one that comes on the saw. You will have less than $200 in it and this saw really does cut well. I have been cutting oak with mine and it has no problem. The antivibe is very good for its class. It is also very easy to start. No it is not in the same league and a pro stihl or husqy or dolmar but I know from experience it punches above its weight and is a pleasure to run. The factory b&c are junk and the chain jumps off very easy. That is why I recommend getting the Oregon combo from the start. Just a budget friendly suggestion.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Latest posts