E L M A T A D O R Unleashed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There e is...

Whats up Mark?

Thanks bro, it's been good so far. It's set at .015 but without a new ring. I'll be ordering one. So before I do the swap, I'll get a chance to see where this one ended up in psi after I run the tank dry. I'll be running it tomorrow again for some clean up work out on the property. So I'm jazzed to get to run it again.

I'm running 32:1 ECHO mix with 76 91octane

Interestingly enough, the H is only out 1 1/8 compared to the 5100 which is out at 2 turns. The 6401 is still making great power though and the plug looks a good tan. Max RPM was set at just under 13,000 @ 12,998. So I'm not too worried about frying it with the saw set at that RPM and running 32:1 ECHO mix.

I didn't notice a big change in heat if not at all from the run I gave it a few days ago too. I ran it in some canyon oak I was saving for furniture:cry:. A load of cookies non-stop.

I think the cut in the 2nd vid where I push back with my left knee would have been a fast cut. It's time to start thinking about the landing for the log holder to test my saws. In that vid, once it was locked down so to speak, that gnarly buzz came to life and the saw just ripped nicely at a good pace. I understand it's operator big time too. But I be learning hometown.

I didn't have a chance to check the RPM in the cut, but it felt good where it's at. I don't want to lean it out or add more duration. It feels aggressive as is and I think it will get better with a new ring. My green tuning days must have toasted that ring just like the 5100:spam:

Someday, I'd like to try my hands on a 7900 top end as I hear they are tricky to coax more power out of.

I'm game. And that will be the saw that will run the :yoyo: bar.

The Matador will be sporting 18" and 20" bars for a Hot Saw effect:greenchainsaw:

I don't want to turn the rotating assembly more than it was designed for.

13,500 is what the max RPM is for the 6401/7300/7900 platform. I'm looking and hoping for longevity not turning more RPM's than stock.

The 5100 is 4stroking wild at 14,348 or so at 2 turns out on the H, I kept the numbers stock for that build. It was designed to handle that WOT for short bursts of time I would imagine. It cuts between 11,000-12,500. This application was meant to run at that RPM. I'm not so sure about the 6401 and expect it to last some years with constant abuse during the cutting seasons or for personal use for firewood, cutting for juice or whatever.

You can hear the 4 stroking at the end of this video at a relatively high RPM, near 14,500. That's asking a lot for a 2 stroke firing all the time.
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i701.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid701.photobucket.com/albums/ww11/CHEVYTOWN/VIDS/Area51-2.flv">

I played with a non-limited ignition once on the 6401 but it wanted to run super rich.So, at roughly just under 13,000 tuned with the limited ignition, I'm close to it's maximum RPM recommendation, and thus, the only thing affected by the porting tuning is power output. The only bad thing is, now the rotating assembly is under more pressure and sometimes for long periods of time.

I'll take longevity, where I can, to hopefully try and compensate for some performance losses and abuses in other areas. I still want a Hot Rod though, don't get me wrong. I feel I have accomplished that.

Mark, I know it can run a big bar, but I'd rather keep the 20" with a sharp chain on it. I want to show off that number on the side...DCS6401

I'm a little confused here. Why are you even messing with porting if you are worried about running a saw over stock RPMs or overstressing the bottom end? Isn't that what you port as saw for? For more RPMs and more torque? A stronger more powerful saw that cuts faster?

I'm a little confused here. Why are you even messing with porting if you are worried about running a saw over stock RPMs or overstressing the bottom end? Isn't that what you port as saw for? For more RPMs and more torque? A stronger more powerful saw that cuts faster?

I asked him if he was gona go for more rpms and he said he thinks it feels strong. :dunno:

I agree with Ultra, you're confused too much or there is something you're trying to fish for...and thinking about it too much. Hell, I feel like you at RS when you was being talked to funny:spam:

I port saws my way, not your way. Go for as much RPM's as you want.

Not me...and good luck with your torque numbers with RPM's running that high.

I don't want to start talking smack as you have enough on your plate already with other tuners.

Like I mentioned before, I'm giving myself a big pat on the back.

Maybe I'll take away some of your buisiness:greenchainsaw:

Just kidding!!!!!! I don't want to get booted from the AS SALOON!!!

RICK ROCK

Latest posts

Back