Got a 500i

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NvrDwn

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I traded in my 572xp on for this saw with a 25 inch bar. I've ordered an egan straight shot. I've heard there is a problem with the air filter. Has this been resolved by stihl or what can I do to resolve it? What else should I get or be aware of?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20211209_165213.jpg
    20211209_165213.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 41
I did some cutting in a burn area bucking trees off trail. The 500i air filter I added a bead of Dow Corning High Vacuum Grease between the filter and case. No black soot made it around that grease seal. The grease did not melt and flow like others will. It was suggested by my dealer.

The stock filter did a good job as I did not see any black soot behind the filter on the white housing.

inlandvacuum.com

Dow Corning High Vacuum Grease - Inland Vacuum Industries, Inc.

Dow Corning High Vacuum Grease is a silicone grease suitable for sealing and lubricating valves, gaskets, bearings, vacuum systems, and other equipment.
inlandvacuum.com
inlandvacuum.com

I traded in my 572xp on for this saw with a 25 inch bar. I've ordered an egan straight shot. I've heard there is a problem with the air filter. Has this been resolved by stihl or what can I do to resolve it? What else should I get or be aware of?

Thanks.
Congratulations on your purchase. I like mine.

Thanks.
yes there is.... trade it back in on the 592xp ..... :surprised3: lol i would like to try one of these 500i myself ..maybe some day sure are expensive $$

From what I can tell the 372 461 462 572 are still kickn the snot out of the 500i maybe theyre will be programming available soon to open the 500 up

Thanks.
nice you will love that 500i a bit thirsty. and you will LOVE that straight shot, unless you don't use hearing protection LOL. Max air flow sells the filters now. But before they cam out with them i took my Stihl filter and cut it like the cage that max air flow sends with their filters and put an extra filter I had on. and put the 500 i stock filter cover back on.

nice you will love that 500i a bit thirsty. and you will LOVE that straight shot, unless you don't use hearing protection LOL. Max air flow sells the filters now. But before they cam out with them i took my Stihl filter and cut it like the cage that max air flow sends with their filters and put an extra filter I had on. and put the 500 i stock filter cover back on.
Ok thanks, good to know.

Back