I just can't figure it out!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rms61moparman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
If I live to be 500 I don't think I'll ever figure out what I've ever done that was good enough to warrant the plethora of fantastic friends that God has sent into my life!
I came home from work yesterday and there was a box on my front porch.
That isn't an unusual occurrence but this box was much larger than anything I had ordered.
When I opened it I almost soiled my britches!
This is what I found inside!!!!!

View attachment 206464

View attachment 206465

A couple of months ago I was with some friends running saws and shooting the breeze.
One of my friends had a 120SI Sachs-Dolmar that he had gone through and returned to like new mechanical condition.
He spoke of selling it because it just wasn't his brand and we agreed on a price. I told him that I would need a while to come up with the funds and he said that would not be a problem.
I've had a few things come up and wasn't making much progress gathering the $$$ so the last time I talked to him I told him to go ahead and sell it.

There was a hand written note in the box that said...."Mike, This is a gift, you owe me nothing"!

I will not front him out, as I know he didn't do this for recognition, and to reveal him openly might embarrass him.
Some of you will recognize the saw and I would appreciate it if you would keep the name of the previous owner between us. If he wants to come forward that will be his choice.
I just wanted to post this to let you all know how great some of the guys here are and to let him know how blessed I feel to have him as a friend!

Mike

206464d1320887312-120si-jpg

206465d1320887448-p1010873-jpg

Thats a great saw Mike, no if ands or butts either.

I know how you feel as I had a great guy send me one like that also. At first you feel disbelief, then you feel like you owe someone and you dont like that. Like some told me, they wouldnt have done it if they didnt want to so just rejoice in having made good friends and enjoy that saw like they would want you to.

That fella that sent that is a really really great guy. I know that.

Yea man, friends are hard to come by someties in this world. REAL friends are anyways. I'm sure he knows you'd do the same for him. The few real friends I have at home and on here know I'd do about anything within my power to help them out. And I feel they'd do the same. Friends aand family are what make life worth living, afterall.

Mike you're a cool kat man, thats why people are sending you free saws. Good things happen to good dudes. :msp_thumbsup:

Friends aand family are what make life worth living, afterall.
Yup. I had to go out of town unexpectedly for 11 days to help family. When I got home my 3 acres of lawn had been mowed by a friend of mine that lives @5 mi. away. It made the hair on the back of my neck stand up to realize that someone would even think to do that for me (and load/haul his lawn tractor up here to do it).

That is one heck of a gesture. Im sure it will come back around, if it hasnt already. Love hearing this stuff, I will take it over the crud we hear on the news any day of the week.

Yep, there's lots of paying it forward around here!!! You hlep someone and sooner or later it comes back to you. I find it very impressive when it happens to newbs around here. I have often wondered how cool it would be to live next door to some of you guys.

Sometimes things like that happen to good guys. It does go on quite a bit around here. :msp_thumbup:

Now Mopardude, you do know were going to have to see a video of that puppy throwin' some chips..........right?

Back