Let the low ballin begin!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what it is going to come down to is americans making a stand, we cant create enough jobs for those without let alone our children in college/trade schools.

Now we have to create jobs for illegals??????? hell no!

the post about dependent types is so true, take our money to provide for those who sit on their azzes & want to do nothing!! buy votes, etc... & the illegals are bought for voting purposes, so why not let them stay........idiots as politicians.....gotta love it uh?

LXT..............

The deal with the illegals has gotten out of control. If something doesn't give and soon we are going to have public outrage to the point the Gov. is forced to act.

I'd rather get underbid by a competent illegal than a clueless crackhead or drunk which is our biggest problem around here... we have some huge migrant camps up here but they never really show up in the tree work... closest I see is landscaping.
And remember, demand creates supply. These people wouldn't come here if there was no work or anyone willing to hire them.In my area we cant find good help bc strong intelligent people are nonexistent.If they're smart they have desk jobs, if they're strong and stupid they're roofers.even the laborers around here have a problem getting dirty...

But i'm sure the problem is a little different in the south so close to the point of entry... The ones that make it across the border, and then travel another 2000 miles north are pretty ambitious

They tend to fool people into never doubting they are highly skilled in whatever they are doing because....there Amish.

Going out to bid a few jobs this morning dressed like an amish, will let you know how it goes...

I use to have alot of respect for them until i found out that " homemade amish bread " was pre made cosco dough pawned off as amish bread

I must be on a different planet because here I don't get underbid by illegals Its more like laid off retards with a truck and saw or the famous weekend warriors line clearance workers , and I would say that the east and west coast are more saturated with "ILLEGALS" than the middle , I think that your going after the wrong type of people , maybe if people had more respect for the profession as a whole the undercutting would stop .. OR maybe a municipal or state license , I'm just saying ... The low ballers are just turning money and if there happy with that than nothing is gonna stop them ..

Going out to bid a few jobs this morning dressed like an amish, will let you know how it goes...

I use to have alot of respect for them until i found out that " homemade amish bread " was pre made cosco dough pawned off as amish bread

LOL..yep sounds about right. There was an amish dude not to far from me who got "busted" for doing the same thing with honey and jelly. He bought it in big cans , bought little jars and made some labels...and BAM! Amish honey.....Said so right on the label....He didnt get in any trouble but he was asked to stop by someone of authority cuz some other non amish store owners were pissed.

But i'm sure the problem is a little different in the south so close to the point of entry... The ones that make it across the border, and then travel another 2000 miles north are pretty ambitious

You damn right it's worse down here. You guys up there have no idea what we are having to deal with here. Someone mentioned like another planet or he must be on another planet or something, yeah, it's like another plant...planet mexturdian.

You guys with Amish problems must be dealing with a more competitive market for that kind of services. Around here (and you must drive a long way out of town to find them), they are well mannered, quiet folks with enormous dignity and respect for folks with other beliefs. They have been very straight forward in their business dealings with me, and I think that they have a very good approach to solving life's problems.

I suspect that you guys with problems have not been dealing with very true believers.

You damn right it's worse down here. You guys up there have no idea what we are having to deal with here. Someone mentioned like another planet or he must be on another planet or something, yeah, it's like another plant...planet mexturdian.
I've been there , didn't drink the water though .... Do you have BRICKMAN down there ?

Last edited:
You guys with Amish problems must be dealing with a more competitive market for that kind of services. Around here (and you must drive a long way out of town to find them), they are well mannered, quiet folks with enormous dignity and respect for folks with other beliefs. They have been very straight forward in their business dealings with me, and I think that they have a very good approach to solving life's problems.

I suspect that you guys with problems have not been dealing with very true believers.
Exactly around here the bikers speak very highly of AMISH meth....

OK. This is one of the few things in life that gets me fired up. I've lived in the second largest Amish community in Ohio all my life and that's all I'll comment on. If you have some real nice Amish folks way out in the country then consider yourself lucky. Here's what we have and I'll be happy to document everything with stats and pictures if you think it's BS. Tons of nice steamy horse crap dumped on our village streets 365 days a year. And I mean tons. Town streets that are destroyed by steel wheeled buggies and horse shoes.
They make a donation to county road maintenance but compared to the destruction it's laughable. 15mph rolling hazards. Heavy burdens on social programs because of high numbers of retardation and other defects because of generations of inbreeding. There's two Amish guys within 3 miles on the Sheriff's sexual offender list. There would be many more but most of it goes unreported. They organize to defeat any school bond issues because they operate their own schools and graduate at the 8th grade which keeps most of them trapped in amishdom forever. They ignore construction codes, minimum lot sizes, labor laws......................and on and on. If you don't believe it, I'll be happy to send you a breeding pair. You can start your own community.
Phil

And as far as MEXICANS being cheap labor , well thats a bunch of #### those guys do very well around here the average is 12/15 an hr for a ground man and 19/25 for a decent climber so is that cheap ????? I guess if your charging 100 an hour you at least make 25.00 for being the boss with all the headaches and bills ... Even with a recession/depression my phone never rings with guys hard up looking for a REAL HARD job for 12 an hour , there holding out for management positions , bottom line is Mexicans have been doing alot of our "bull" work since the 20's , if you don't believe me study the 1st depression and how we "witch" hunted them out of the fields and off our jobsites than allowed them all back again to fill all the #### job positions again ....If you filled our fields with white dudes (impossible) the fruit would rot on the tree and a pack of strawberries would be 30.00......

Last edited:
I'll do it for $5477.00.

That would be for airfare, hotel, car rental, and $500 to come to the area and hire Jeff to do the job for $4,327.00. But I'll do a good job of supervising everything.

(While taking a much needed vacation in So.California!)

OK. This is one of the few things in life that gets me fired up. I've lived ...
Phil

I'm sorry you don't care for them much. It's a radically different lifestyle, and it certainly isn't the norm in this country. I got no problems with the horse turds and wheel damage, and doubt that there is a big problem with heavy dependence on social programs from a community that they try to avoid participating in. Sex crimes are certainly not excluded from any social group, but I'll bet there are a lot more registered offenders within the same area that are not Amish.

I spent a little time with my wife doing inventory in warehouses (her job) in central Ohio, and I did not observe any significant difference from the Amish in our part of the world; but you are perhaps closer to the problems than I am.

Maybe you just don't like 'em, and whatever you see wrong with their society is worse from your perspective than from mine?

Around here all the local orchards always as far back as I can remember used Amish. Now every one i know of has brought Mexicans in.I guess the Mexicans are even under cutting the Amish.
LXT I live in Lawrence county right north of you,we really do not see many Mexicans around here but they are slowly coming in.
As far as the Amish working,they are good. We had an Amish family's house burn down(2 or 3 kids died). People gave a lot of donations in money and material.The Amish put up a new house in under 36 hours,they were like ants.

That's terrible, because they don't know how to cuss.....:laugh:

Latest posts

Back