Makita taking over Dolmar brand in the USA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel as long as we have great dealers who embrace the change and back it as well as or better then they have the Dolmar brand it will be just fine. It will probably have some growing pains but that is par for the coarse. But with that said I am glad I got a dolmar branded 6100.
there are growing pains with the ordering system for sure....but i have recieved every single part i ordered and they have been some pretty hefty parts orders. That is 1000 times better than the old distributor network.

I suspect you are right, and hopefully that puts an end to the liars of Dolmar USA.

Huh?

It surprises me that everybody but the dealers that have posted are all worked up over this. We're the ones that have years and years of investment into this.

I've known that changes were happening for almost six months. There is a whole new lineup of chainsaws that will be phased in over the next couple years. Also have a full lineup of cordless OPE tools, expanded line of cut off saws, trimmers, blowers, pole saws, etc.

If I could only repeat what I heard at a trade show about Niko's favorite brand.

Huh?

It surprises me that everybody but the dealers that have posted are all worked up over this. We're the ones that have years and years of investment into this.

I've known that changes were happening for almost six months. There is a whole new lineup of chainsaws that will be phased in over the next couple years. Also have a full lineup of cordless OPE tools, expanded line of cut off saws, trimmers, blowers, pole saws, etc.

If I could only repeat what I heard at a trade show about Niko's favorite brand.

Hopefully the new saws are neater and better handling than the ones they replace, and there will be more dealers like you. :yes:

A return to outboard clutches likely would do a lot for the brand!

How is Scott btw, haven't seen him posting in some time?

Hopefully the new saws are neater and better handling than the ones they replace, and there will be more dealers like you. :yes:

A return to outboard clutches would do a lot for the brand!

Will have to disagree with the out board clutches. But to each his own. Keep keeping everyone on there toes.:):););)

I'll bite..
6100- 4.5hp, 13.22lbs
562xp-4.7hp, 12.7 lbs
362c-m-4.69, 12.8 lbs

That's a very optimistic weight spec on the 362, should be around 13.2 lbs - and the 562xp 12.8.

Those power specs all looks like hp(i), and would be .1 higher in hp(m) = German PS.

As I said a zillion times before, specs don't tell the full story, but are better than no info at all.

Will have to disagree with the out board clutches. But to each his own. Keep keeping everyone on there toes.:):););)
Out board clutch is a big no go for me. Can't remove the power head when you pinch the bar. Extra hassle to just change the chain or bar. And usually can't noodle worth a hoot.
My stihl 056 has an outboard clutch and it is very heavy and handles like a boat anchor.

I enjoyed trying a 6100 awhile back. I still like my 562 a bit better but I'd rather have the 6100 than a MS362. Who knows, hopefully Dolkita will revamp the product line a bit, market better and truly give Stihl, Husky and Echo something to think about. I'd still like to have a hopped up 7900/10 and a 166 though. I do like my 9010 VERY well outside of the A/V department.

I hope that we here in the PNW get better access to Dolmar/Makita out of this deal, however it works out. I despise the Stihl dealers around here, and Husqvarna is near nonexistent. Even if it is in a box store, it would be nice to be able to have another quality saw available.

there are growing pains with the ordering system for sure....but i have recieved every single part i ordered and they have been some pretty hefty parts orders. That is 1000 times better than the old distributor network.

But if Dolmars are so durable, why do you need parts?

J/K :D

Out board clutch is a big no go for me. Can't remove the power head when you pinch the bar. Extra hassle to just change the chain or bar. And usually can't noodle worth a hoot.
My stihl 056 has an outboard clutch and it is very heavy and handles like a boat anchor.

I disagree with most of that, but it does take a second or two more the to change the chain. The outboard has all the technical/mechanical advantages.
The most important advantage is that it is much easier to make a well handling saw, as the bar is closer to the center of mass.

My best "noodlers" have an outboard clutch, and the modern Husky outboards are easy to remove the clutch from, without any special tools.

What you posted is a pretty wide-spread myth though.

Sorry ST,

But again, it has been shown here already a few times, the dolmar 6100 is probably the best noodler at the moment.

Personaly I don't care if inboard or outboard.

Back