Makita taking over Dolmar brand in the USA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....thought the first link was just to the general saw specification page.

second link clearly shows max kW of 562 being 3.1 kW

do agree that being a 'german market' husq could be different, from what we have here.

the range between peak Nm rpm to peak kW is a better indicator of what a saw motor does. other things too.

?

direct link to test report of 562: http://www.kwf-online.de/deutsch/pruef/pruefergebnisse/aagw/motorsaegen/6174_12e.pdf

imo, no one would feel 0.4 kW difference anyway. (unless it was an 1.0 kW max power saw).

kW is not the best indicator, but seems like most use it for that purpose?

I see what the culprit is now - they have made a mistake when making the English version of the 562xp report, and used results from the original 555 report instead of the original 562xp report. :lol:

Take a look at the German version of the 562xp report, and correct you earlier post.

KWF is well known for sloppy editing etc. of their reports btw, so nothing new with this.

....don't see this as being the case. (at least in the 'english language' report.

reason being, that the fuel consumption figures for the 555, are different that the one's as listed for the 562.

....as said, kW difference really is insignificant, and does not show what is important anyway,

Some things keep amazing me here. Some dudes clearly don't like Dolmar saws. After reading closely through the posts here Walker had issues with one saw. And to me it feels like all the parts issues he had were brought up to him by his own use. AV springs and a cover? Did your tree fall over in the wrong direction?
I love all my Dolly's. Especially the 7900 and 6100. Why? The 7900 is obvious. The 6100? Because this saw is slightly quicker in big wood than my colleagues 562XP's. Another reason? I'm still on my first 6100 without any misfire or breakdown whereas the two colleagues mentioned above have been in and gotten their saws swapped for others. The one colleague is on his second saw and the other is on his third saw in two years time.

Banter about Dolmar all you want. The real professionals that have made the switch to Dolmar all know that there are two things that make Dolly's stick out over Stihl and Husqvarna. They're great in power and keep running and running and running without real issues.
But by all means... Stick to Husqvarna when you're comfy with those saws. Because comfy they are for sure.

Wolter

....don't see this as being the case. (at least in the 'english language' report.

reason being, that the fuel consumption figures for the 555, are different that the one's as listed for the 562.

....as said, kW difference really is insignificant, and does not show what is important anyway,

I noticed that the kW and the weight both were the 555 numbers in the "English" 562xp report - that's enough to totally dismiss that version of the report, without comparing every number in it. Just use the original report(s) in German!

Also, keep in mind that KWF is German.

Could any of that be due to California air standards?

Philbert

For all practical purposes they are dead here as well, except to the specially interested. The only reasonably modern ones I have seen here is my 5100SH and my brothers 7900 + rather hot 84cc Dolkita.

I noticed that the kW and the weight both were the 555 numbers in the "English" 562xp report - that's enough to totally dismiss that version of the report, without comparing every number in it. Just use the original report(s) in German!

Also, keep in mind that KWF is German.

good catch niko!

something WAS lost in the translation. i am not fluent in german, when i see an 'english' version of the report i use it.

will default to using only the original german version for all future references.

good catch niko!

something WAS lost in the translation. i am not fluent in german, when i see an 'english' version of the report i use it.

will default to using only the original german version for all future references.

Even if you don't know German too well, it is easy enough to understand what is what - particularly if you compare to a report in English.;)

Btw, we strayed way off topic, but that really was bwalkers fault! :lol:

Could any of that be due to California air standards?

Philbert

Perhaps for their 2-strokes, but their 4-strokes are CARB compliant. If their saws aren't, why aren't they spending money for R&D. All the major players either do strato charge or M-Tronic/AutoTune. Adapt or die.

On second thought, their equipment complies with CARB.

Some things keep amazing me here. Some dudes clearly don't like Dolmar saws. After reading closely through the posts here Walker had issues with one saw. And to me it feels like all the parts issues he had were brought up to him by his own use. AV springs and a cover? Did your tree fall over in the wrong direction?
I love all my Dolly's. Especially the 7900 and 6100. Why? The 7900 is obvious. The 6100? Because this saw is slightly quicker in big wood than my colleagues 562XP's. Another reason? I'm still on my first 6100 without any misfire or breakdown whereas the two colleagues mentioned above have been in and gotten their saws swapped for others. The one colleague is on his second saw and the other is on his third saw in two years time.

Banter about Dolmar all you want. The real professionals that have made the switch to Dolmar all know that there are two things that make Dolly's stick out over Stihl and Husqvarna. They're great in power and keep running and running and running without real issues.
But by all means... Stick to Husqvarna when you're comfy with those saws. Because comfy they are for sure.

Wolter
I really like hearing first hand experiences like this.
It is funny how by actually using a saw gives a different view then those that just look up specs.
When people go on about weight do they buy the lightest boots, clothes, helmet, chaps, tools belt, because clothes weigh a lot and you better only carry fiberglass handled tools no hickory handles.

Now back on topic hopefully by coming under one name it may open up easier and more budget friendly marketing.

To expensive , Boris, to expensive.
Is next to the stihl oil at my stihl shop ,2 bucks a gallon cheaper for the dolmar ,which amazingly has the same bottle as my husky oil but different color ,husky oil seems tackier though

https://translate.google.com/ does a reasonable job on the PDFs at KWF. I noticed a translation error in KWF's report on the Dolmar 6100. The translated Google version is "Fuel: Minimum octane 91 RON (mixing ratio 1:50) or two-stroke special fuel with "KWF-Test"; Manufacturers recommendation: Aspen"

The English KWF Version omits the octane number. "Fuel: minimum octane number (fuel mix ratio1:50) or 2-stroke special fuel with “KWF-TEST”; Manufacturers recommendation: Aspen"

There may be more errors.

Wolter
It was crunched by a skidder, as some times happens when logging. This matters not as the issue is lack of parts support, which is needed if you are a logger.
And professionals largely are not running Dolmars. Rare as hens teeth really.
Your dreaming if you think a 6100 will beat a 562..

Back