New member, stage 1 CAD already set in

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtcowboy77

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm new to AS and just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself. My name is Craig and I believe I have CAD. My wife and I bought a new house a year and a half ago that uses wood heat as the main source of warmth. (Very nice for cold Montana winters) Due to this, we decided to go out and get our own firewood as opposed to buying it. With no saws to our name, my father-in-law gave us one of his old 55 Ranchers that he had. That thing has been amazing! For the 1st winter that worked out alright, but we did end up having to buy a good portion of our wood that year. However, last year we got all of our own wood, (about 14 cords) and the Rancher did almost all of it. Due to some of the bigger trees that we found though, I made the decision to get at least 1 more saw for this year that was bigger and could handle bigger trees easier. I had no idea what that would lead to.....I now have 4 saws with plans to get at least one more (probably a smaller one) for the wife to limb with. The 3 that I added to the family are a Stihl MS460 Magnum, an older Husky 266xp and a Husky 61. I haven't had the chance to cut any wood with them yet, but I am impatiently waiting for firewood season to begin.

nmurph, that's almost exactly what happened with me too. I was looking at the 266xp and didn't know much about it. A search for info on it led me here and I found good things about it, so now I'm here a lot more and the Husky lives with me. :happybanana:

Thanks Spectre. I live in NW Montana, west of Kalispell. I'm pretty happy with my (growing) collection, but I think my wife is getting worried about the CAD though...lol

my story is i knew about this place since about 05 but was a bit of a social retard and wanted nothing to do with people LOL joined 7 years later one night when i was drunk and bored :) then i realized that it was a great place to discuss what i enjoyed.

LOL. I kinda had the same issue. I wasn't sure if I wanted to post anything or not but finally figured what the heck, why not. So here I am! And to top it off it's nice to see that there are other people in the world with the same "problem" that I have. I had no idea that chainsaws could be so addicting!!

Thanks Spectre. I live in NW Montana, west of Kalispell. I'm pretty happy with my (growing) collection, but I think my wife is getting worried about the CAD though...lol

Beautiful country up there. I can easily see you needing a 661 pretty soon. :surprised3:

Yeah, after dealing with some of the trees that we found last year, I'm expecting that may come sooner rather than later. We go out with my brother-in-law sometimes too and he likes those big, fat trees. Apparently my wife has the same problem. She found a lot of em last year. But that's ok...more fun for me!

Well, like I said, I'm kinda new here, but my understanding is that it's a sudden onset type of disorder, or disease even, that is best treated by adopting lonely, mistreated and neglected chainsaws. In most cases I understand it's also best to not share the adoptions with your spouse, due to the possibility of never ending ridicule and concern.

Latest posts

Back