Should I Pull the Trigger? New Husky 555

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your dealer is listed as a Husqvarna dealer, but when you do a Google search on his addy and look at the street view, I think he's just an OPE repair shop that is set up as a dealer so that he can order parts at a discount.

https://www.google.com/maps/@27.152...!1e1!3m2!1sL5fyMBVSgwcVHQLKiryXLw!2e0!6m1!1e1

The saw looks very nice, but I wouldn't count on any warranty.

This was what I was thinking reading the info you uncovered...whether the warranty would be there. Doesn't seem he sells them, maybe ordered one for someone who reneged, maybe cuz he could get the best price as a "dealer," (even if it was only for repairs). But if it's as murph says about the operation/set up, wouldn't he still legitimately be selling the saw with the warranty? When we got our 2 saws from different places, we simply registered them with Husky online for warranty. But yeah, if it's peace of mind you want, and without the hassle, next time buy from someone here.

Ok great another ebay buyer that bids & wont pay. Dude you hit buy it now, you done bought it. What the heck you ask questions before you buy things, not back out like a couple of people I had bidding on my items with no intentions of paying, don't bid if you not going to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant but come on man.

Now I understand why I see so much emphasis on local dealers, and that if there are more than one then to buy from the best for service, all else saw-choice-wise bein equal. Gettin the saw from this eBay guy, even if the guy is listed as a dealer predominantly for repair parts, should mean that the warranty comes with the saw which the buyer will register online with Husky. But for actual work under warranty, the buyer still has to depend upon a local dealer whom he hopes will work with him. Stories are all over the map re: this, but bottom line is that even buying the saw from a local dealer doesn't necessarily ensure good warranty service either. And if the buyer were to buy from an AS dealer, he'd still be in the same position of depending locally upon good warranty service/cooperation.

Not so fast:

The eBay listing was a "Buy Now" not an action listing.

When I went to go pay for the saw, eBay would not let me complete the transaction because the seller had designated the shipping as freight. What this means is that the seller must calculate the shipping, input that into eBay, and then eBay will let me pay for the transaction.

When I called the dealer to sort out the freight shipping charges, I told him that I wanted to use the Husqvrvana promotion of buying 3 bottles of premixed fuel to extend the warranty from 2yrs to 4yrs.

The seller/dealer told me that this was not possible since his Husky 555 is not an Autotune saw and that only 555 Atuotune saws are eligible for the 4 year warranty promotion.

I told the dealer that I thought every Husky 555 was made with Autotune and he assured me that his did NOT have Autotune.

I told the dealer, who was understanding, that I only wanted a 555 Autotune saw and asked if it was alright that I did not complete the transaction and purchase his saw. The dealer said that was fine.

The dealer said that was fine.

That's why I had said "unless I missed something". Its clear that I had.

From the other posts in this thread, you should spend the extra $20 and get a 555 from tlandrum with your extra warranty.

Ok great another ebay buyer that bids & wont pay. Dude you hit buy it now, you done bought it. What the heck you ask questions before you buy things, not back out like a couple of people I had bidding on my items with no intentions of paying, don't bid if you not going to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant but come on man.
Not so fast:

The eBay listing was a "Buy Now" not an action listing.

When I went to go pay for the saw, eBay would not let me complete the transaction because the seller had designated the shipping as freight. What this means is that the seller must calculate the shipping, input that into eBay, and then eBay will let me pay for the transaction.

When I called the dealer to sort out the freight shipping charges, I told him that I wanted to use the Husqvrvana promotion of buying 3 bottles of premixed fuel to extend the warranty from 2yrs to 4yrs.

The seller/dealer told me that this was not possible since his Husky 555 is not an Autotune saw and that only 555 Atuotune saws are eligible for the 4 year warranty promotion.

I told the dealer that I thought every Husky 555 was made with Autotune and he assured me that his did NOT have Autotune.

I told the dealer, who was understanding, that I only wanted a 555 Autotune saw and asked if it was alright that I did not complete the transaction and purchase his saw. The dealer said that was fine.

The dealer said that was fine.

Asking AS members, "Should I pull the trigger on a new chainsaw?" is like asking a 1st grader "Do you want some candy?"

Asking AS members, "Should I port this chainsaw?" is like asking a 1st grader "Do you want some candy?"

Asking AS members, "Should I sell this saw?" is like asking a 1st grader "Do you want some broccoli?"

Next question....

Back