So, what's your day job?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
High School Phys. Ed teacher - great gig, also teach outdoor ed and coach basketball and soccer. I was a dairy herdsman for 10 years previous, and now live on a farm with my wife and horses! Still milking cows once in a while on the weekend and screwing around with the in-laws beef cattle.

Firefighter/EMT, ambulance EMT, get out doing wildfires in the summer, woodcutting in the summer also, mechanic by interest and schooling, can do or operate most anything mechanical or construction related.... hmm, dirt track racer, mountain biker, Soldier in Army National Guard.... yah, Jack of all trades!

Duane

Contract welder/rigger for KBR at a northern KY paper mill 4 days a week. Day 5 I'm a diesel mechanic in a local shop. Day 6 I play with my saws. Day 7 I'm daddy all day long.

I am a RV technician. Been doing it too long. Looking for a change. Logging industry looks like a possibility as do the mines.

that is what happens when you put down to much ammonia or 19-19-19
Yeap.had one patch one time the backer didn't grow too tall.something like 3ft tall but the bottom leaves were over 3 ft long and almost 2 ft wide.every time we would hit a stalk with the knife all of the leaves would fall off.lol i had a hell of a time stringing and hangin leaves that summer.must have been all of the bulldog soda we put on the field.

GM and ASE certmaster tech, worked at the dealership I wanted to retire from untill GM shut them down, now work at a bigger place. Here I'm just a employee number 160608, old place I was Matt. Work at the dealership 8-5 then another shop three nights a week 5:30- job is done. Been there till 3am one time, its what men do to take care of there families.

Taking care of trees like this.....90 ft, 38 DBH Ponderosa Pine.....less than 18 inches away from 24.9kv phase.

I'm an Line Clearance Arborist and work for a utility. I have done this the last 20 years around power lines every day. Always something new and different. ROW work, aerial work, climbing....but always using saws!!!

This is a timber sale area loggers wouldn't touch because of trees proximity to lines. We take them down they do the rest. 153 in this sale to do along our lines. 80% of them like these with 4 bad branch heavy leaners. 20150113_112521.jpg 20150113_112226.jpg

I may have to pick your brain in teh future. I have two small gen sets I need to get going, on a 7kw the other a 12kw. 1800rpm diesel powered.

i'm a generator mechanic, work on everything that produces power.. seen some crazy shrt that keeps me scratching my head thinking hows this not on fire?

Second generation Drycleaner/laundry owner, operator.
I clean clothes, work with solvents, spotting agents to remove spots.
I have installed, repaired, maintained all the machinery in my business. This includes 2 steam boilers, air compressor, vacuum system, pipe fitting, pneumatic repair, electrical, motor control, HVAC, welding, mop floors, babysit employees, everything but paperwork.

I have a 150 acre farm, 1/2 woods that i grow produce and feed deer, dove and quail on. Do all the equipment repair and try to keep the roof from leaking on a 1860s era farmhouse.
Rewire small boats, built dirt track racecars, some firearms mods/repair, attempt to operate a small lathe, some outboard repair and repair friends lawn equipment and play with chainsaws.

I like running tractors and chainsaws cause nobody bothers me while i'm operating them.

I have been lucky to have very good people teach me many skills. I enjoy learning.
I hunt and fish to hide from work in my spare time.

saw mill worker bush worker cutting mill timber and mine props, then to quarrying for many years earth works and road works the FARRIER for the last 20 years but still cutting a lot of fire wood and cleaning up tree around the place for folks some bottle shop work in the evenings and some bar work at the local golf club , I keep busy;o)

Brick stacker , kiln operator, pan crusher operator,and all things connected with making clay bricks,oh and drott and loader driver.
10 years welding shipping containers ( making new ones ):cold:
6 years working for a small welding business fabricating to much to list :laugh:
Now working on a farm as jack of all trades ( fixing things that break ,build new things,clean fence lines,and
All that crap )
And for fun I like to find old saws and try to fix them :innocent:
Oh and cut about 30-40mtr of fire wood a year.:chainsaw::chop:

Latest posts

Back