Stihl dealer says no ms 441cm available?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarkBuster20

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just got back from the stihl dealer and wanted to check out a 441 m-tronic, and the dealer tells me they are not available and he can not order them. I was looking on stihls website and according to them my dealer has them available to them. I was persistant and told him they were available and there were people running them as we speak....i am probably going to purchase a 440 anyway but i did want to check out the new 441, what should i do?

I just got back from the stihl dealer and wanted to check out a 441 m-tronic, and the dealer tells me they are not available and he can not order them. I was looking on stihls website and according to them my dealer has them available to them. I was persistant and told him they were available and there were people running them as we speak....i am probably going to purchase a 440 anyway but i did want to check out the new 441, what should i do?

Get a 460.:msp_tongue:

I am probably not going to get a 441 cm, i just want to keep my options open. I would never buy a 460, iv ran plenty, and i dont understand the hype. A 044/440 is far more useable, if i wanted more than what a 440 offered as far as power, i would get a 660.

He don't want to have it in his inventory if you change your mind.

He can have two ms290's on the shelf for that money.

Find another dealer. It took four business days to get mine. I even offered to prepay, he refused. Something don't sound right.

Find another dealer. It took four business days to get mine. I even offered to prepay, he refused. Something don't sound right.

I've changed dealers also even tho the one I u to use is 2 minutes from my house; I go to one now that is 25 minutes away

The new dealer will get parts and saws in two days (if they dont have it in stock) the other dealer in town only gets things in on tuesday and you cant get the things till thursday after there checked in

I got a price on one this week. I'll probably be ordering a couple of them this next week.

Ran both today, and did some experimenting.

Brad, did you ever try a 8-pin on the M-Tronic? I ran a full comp chisel (that I think might have been one of my best sharpening efforts to date) on my 20" Sugi today on my stock 460 and the 441C-M you ported, both with an 8-pin, and that's where the M-Tronic seemed to "take off" in comparison. I remember Nate saying at the GTG at Bill's (Central Ohio) that he felt my C-M wanted more sprocket, so today I gave it a go. I'll post a vid later (after two tanks in some tough hickory - lot's of noodle too). Different feel for sure, but I think for the 20" bar that's the ticket for a ported M-Tronic.

edit to add: the 441 ate the 460 up today, no contest.

I honestly believe it is more of ignorance, or maybe he thinks im a moron, idk. He was also on his lunch break. He told me they "werent out yet" and he would have gotten some if they were, then i questioned him about the 441's and he simply said he didnt stock them cause it took him a year to get rid of 4. I really dont believe he realizes the cm is an auto tune, because according to him stihl hasnt released them yet...idk what to do. I am going to go back in in the next couple days and get this straightened out hopefully. id hate to break things off with this dealer, as iv been going there for 4 years.

Do you want him to get one in so you can check it out or are you trying to buy one? I would try one more time if you are ready to buy. Tell him they ARE available and that if he can't get you one you will have to acquire it at a different dealer. Then, what I would do, is buy one somewhere else and then take it in to show him so he can finally believe they are "out there". (not as an "in your face" thing but to demonstrate that he lost a sale by either not being willing to order one or not believing you.)

Now, that said, here in Georgia, MS261's were not available to the dealers until about 6 months after other places in the USA had them. So it could be a distributor issue.

I had to bug my dealer until he called the distributor and got one soon after. He had several standard 441s in stock and didn't want to stock the M-Tronics. View attachment 248260

I got a price on one this week. I'll probably be ordering a couple of them this next week.

do you mind me asking what you are getting them for?

The reason I ask is one of the McDealers got one in.

I am Pretty sure its the M-Tronic.

It say 441C on the saw and there are no carb adjustments on the bar side.

they are asking $919 with a 20" bar. I imagine that's high but I was just curious.

do you mind me asking what you are getting them for?

The reason I ask is one of the McDealers got one in.

I am Pretty sure its the M-Tronic.

It say 441C on the saw and there are no carb adjustments on the bar side.

they are asking $919 with a 20" bar. I imagine that's high but I was just curious.

High $850 tax included. 20" in PA

High $850 tax included. 20" in PA

$875 with 25 inch bar and chain plus tithe to TN revenuers. (9.25%)

I run it with 20 inch bar which I have three, plus a couple dozen chains.

The 25 is only used for the big stuff, I don't like the way my saws handle with long bars.

You shoulda bet the guy a thousand bucks on that.

Latest posts

Back