Stumpys Customs is back in business. Thanks Arboristsite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I miss Stumpy and the phone calls with my questions. As I've been told this too shall pass. I believe whole heartedly he'll be back when he's ready and we can discuss his porta pooper and saws. Until then we will just keep him in our best wishes.

I just disagree Terry.

The pittance I donated to Stumpy I did because he needed it, I had it, and I wanted to do it.
I don't feel like it gave me a private microscope to his life, or any indebtedness on his part whatsoever.

I respect him enough to allow him his privacy.
If he wants me to know his business, or needs my help, he knows where to find me.

Mike

I do agree with Terry about not ignoring communication with friends and customers, which I am both. Right now Stumpy has a Husqvarna 2100 of mine and I sure would like to know if I will see it again.

I do agree with Terry about not ignoring communication with friends and customers, which I am both. Right now Stumpy has a Husqvarna 2100 of mine and I sure would like to know if I will see it again.

I agree with you he should be talking with customers and friends on here, even if he has to use someone's internet. This thread is like your parents fighting when your a kid nothing we can do about it. I hope he get things back together and returns. There is no shame in having problems we have all had problems(bankruptcy when I was younger).

im sorry folks but in my humble opinion, with all the emotional and extreme financial fund raising support that the fine people of this site has given stumpy in his time of need they deserve to know where he has gotten off to. i also say that avoiding phone and email communication with supposed friends of this forum and customers is just not cool. right or wrong that's my opinion.

+1

I'm sure folks have saws and other stuff they'd like back but most would settle for an e-mail or phone call. It sucks for me because I had home cut squish bands for me. I'm fortunate not to have any equipment up in limbo but quite a few folks do. We can only hope he makes good on returning them. I like stumpy but ignoring all communication with people who have made a business transaction isn't cool. Most people wouldn't need the whole story just a phone call or e-mail saying "hey some stuff came up suddenly and I'm not going to be able to help you with your saw" I'm not trashing Stumpy I'd help him right now if he called just agreeing he needs to make good with folks who sent him stuff.

Normally being a decent judge of character, all I have to rely on is my gut. I don't think any of this was in stumpy's intentions at all. Also regardless of what has went on, I miss the stump and wish him well.

Stumpy is a good guy, but he does need to stay in touch with folks who he is doin business with!

I would have to agree. Been through rough times before, broke, homeless, hurting, crippled up, on crutches and not managing that very well..and still kept in touch with people that I had to and wanted to. And that was a few years before cheap cellphones/calling or internet email for me, that was payphone and stamps and letters.

Not really privy to what's going on here nor do I want to be

Will say that it really isn't that hard to get in touch when it matters.

I do sincerely hope everyone that has saws with him gets their work done or at least their saws back.

I would have to agree. Been through rough times before, broke, homeless, hurting, crippled up, on crutches and not managing that very well..and still kept in touch with people that I had to and wanted to. And that was a few years before cheap cellphones/calling or internet email for me, that was payphone and stamps and letters.

For some of us, that would be a 'better day' :)

When you get to be my age, you can laugh at the same things again, just like new..

And when you get to be Morrows age,.......

:D

nyuk nyuk. i'm just glad to be my age. just sayin. kinda like groundhog day with me.
yeah, i enjoy the same jokes over and over to. kinda like groundhog day with me.
fwiw. missin the stump too. kinda like groundhog day with me.
kinda like groundhog day with me.

nyuk nyuk. i'm just glad to be my age. just sayin. kinda like groundhog day with me.
yeah, i enjoy the same jokes over and over to. kinda like groundhog day with me.
fwiw. missin the stump too. kinda like groundhog day with me.
kinda like groundhog day with me.

Are you my dad?

Sound just like him.:biggrin:

I have called Stumpy and left messages with no response. I have sent him messages thru facebook and it says that he has seen them but still no response. I sent my husky 2100 down to him back around the beginning of march and then we sent him $250 for the work to be done. He thought he might have had it done for Hedgefest but he ran out of time to finish it. I saw him at Hedgefest and it seemed like all was well and he was still planning on doing my saw but that was the last time I have heard from him. I dont know what to do. I like Stumpy but he's not treating me very good right now. I hope he redeems himself, he does build a mean saw. Me and Sarah plan on coming down to the Jasper GTG this fall and if I dont have it before then I think I may have to go to his house and just get it back.

we all fall down sometime or another.

I agree.

Just have to eat some pride and do what's right some times too. I hope stumpy can make things good again so we can have a welcome back for him not a lynch mob.

Back