Thanksgiving Has Passed........What's On Your Bench?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yjyzumuj.jpg

My MS310 That I'm trying Bailey's 390 kit on is almost done. Working twelve hour shifts is making this project take forever! Can't wait to see how it runs!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

yjyzumuj.jpg

My MS310 That I'm trying Bailey's 390 kit on is almost done. Working twelve hour shifts is making this project take forever! Can't wait to see how it runs!

I forgot earlier, but I've got an 029S on the bench that will be getting a hyway 390 topend this week. Will see how it runs stock and then do some mods.

yjyzumuj.jpg

Hmmmm,I got a line on MS 310

Bear with me. Is the 029 chassis considerably smaller than the 039? Do they run pretty good? This sounds like an interesting swap. An 029 can be had fairly cheap.

If you cant tell I do not know too much about stihl. Just enough to get me in trouble. I am more knowledgeable on the older mag saws

So not having either I might as well go out and buy a 039 And if that is the case I might as well just get a 036 or 038mag and say forget the 039. Correct?

361 might be a little out of my price range. I might spring for a 036 though. Or I might come across a cheap toasted 029 or 039 and put a new block in it. How does a healthy 039 stack up against a well tuned muff modded 260?

I ground the sides off a 046 jug and bolted it to a 440 chassis yesterday ,opened up the cases some to make sure the piston no hit ,and it cut wood today ,real quick like ,better then the d shaped 10mm jug it had on before even :D

Back