Thanksgiving Has Passed........What's On Your Bench?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After I got it off the back bumper this 036 pro went to the bench got it today for $25 p/c look like new needs chain adjuster and a a/v mount & decomp valve soon we will see if it's worth new plastic lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
.063 .404... It's square ground and completely rocked. I'm trying to decide what to do with it since I can't hand file square for **** and there isn't anyone up here with a square grinder. The only thing I can get my paws on for new chain right now is Stihl square grind. I can get a small 25' roll and make up chains for this saw, but that doesn't eliminate my lack of skill and lack of grinder. I need to find some round ground somewhere.

If you are going to run a smaller bar I would convert it to .063 3/8 and run full chisel on it with a 8 pin rim. You can get large mount husky bars to work with some oiler hole modifications. With this setup it will absolutely blow your mind.:rock:

I'll try it. I happen to have a large mount Husky .058 around here some place. Thanks.

Finished an 024 Super yesterday. Just combined the best parts with another 024 I had with a busted crank and cracked case. Turned out to be a nice little saw. The biggest win was stripping the Heated Handle setup out of it to add to my 026 Pro after a little tlc to the wiring.

Tearing apart a 026 after the piston gave up. First saw I have ever taken apart. :rock:
IMG_1466.jpg

About half way through our VERY long day this saw suddenly stopped in the cut. The sound was quite impressive. Even the guy running the splitter nearby stopped, and looked up. I already had one saw in the shop, and the shop was on the way home so I said f-it and dropped it off. They said the air filter was plugged solid causing a lean condition, and therefore kaboom. I was surprised that after only three tanks of gas the air filter would collect so much saw dust. Wood was a mixture of green hardwoods (mostly) and some pine. I pretty much knew the cylinder was at least shot when the starter wouldn't move. I had no idea it was so bad though. Since I hadn't torn a saw apart, I figured I had nothing to lose.

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

Randy, the "funny" thing is I bought this saw (not a modded saw) from you two years ago. :( Oh well. It WILL run again!

I am working on a few saws myself right now. My Husky 2100 that I just recently got back from Stumpy has a little bit of a scored piston and I have a stock 694 Solo that I want to use for milling that has a bad fuel line. Just waiting on parts for both of them now. Then I just was given a 1996 Dodge 2500 4x4 with a 360 that doesn't run and am going to get it going. I am also starting to get into some chainsaw milling, so that is taking up some of my free time. Then there is ice fishing to be done. Damn this is making me feel busy.

About half way through our VERY long day this saw suddenly stopped in the cut. The sound was quite impressive. Even the guy running the splitter nearby stopped, and looked up. I already had one saw in the shop, and the shop was on the way home so I said f-it and dropped it off. They said the air filter was plugged solid causing a lean condition, and therefore kaboom. I was surprised that after only three tanks of gas the air filter would collect so much saw dust. Wood was a mixture of green hardwoods (mostly) and some pine. I pretty much knew the cylinder was at least shot when the starter wouldn't move. I had no idea it was so bad though. Since I hadn't torn a saw apart, I figured I had nothing to lose.
I seriously doubt that had ANYTHING to do with a lean condition. Lean does not cause a saw to grenade. Is that a newish piston?

I ordered up 25' of Stihl .063/.404 The bar on this saw is still pretty good so I'll run it for now. Thanks for the info.
I had a loop of square ground skip made for mine. I am also running .063 .404 I myself cannot sharpen square either. When it dulls I will more than likely use a round file on it and convert it over. But I will have to say that with a 42 inch bar it rips. I am running a 7 pin on mine. I can pull on the handle as hard as i want with the bar buried and it just keeps on chewing.

Back