Undecided MS 362 or Husky 365

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wa sin the same delema on those saws and you know what i soon figured they both suck. Yup SUCK to small. Take one more step and i promise youll be way happier. Save the $ for a real saw 440 get a used 044. Unless your climbing leave the 361 and smaller w/ your daughter to cut chopsticks
Putting $ in a little saw to run like a big one rrr:confused::confused:r I dont know I did it and wasnt happy.:cry::cry:

I'll probably get chastised for saying this, but I doubt you will ever beat a new Stihl for reliability and dealer support.

if you cant beat a sthil for reliability then why would you need dealer support. my husky 61 is over 30 years old and runs great . and yes its been worked hard. just taken care of. huskys rule and are cheaper.:chainsaw:

Anyone
Could use your input. Trying to decided whether to buy a new Stihl MS 363. Have a Husky 365. Stihle Data shows Ms 362 to be lighter, faster chain speed and less vibration with same BHP. Anyone got experience enough with both saws to help me decide.
Over ease of working on either saw could it be the deciding factor?

Houghton

Thanks
But have done all the High Output and Stroker work on the street stuff and It Is all good. But always end up doing the next big repair and [ALL I REALLY WANT IS TO JUST CUT WOOD WITH A RELIABLE SAW.)
I know some young guns who will be Hot for your Info.
Houghton

if you cant beat a sthil for reliability then why would you need dealer support. my husky 61 is over 30 years old and runs great . and yes its been worked hard. just taken care of. huskys rule and are cheaper.:chainsaw:

I did not say that Husky saws are not good reliable saws, if I thought that I wouldn't own any. The fact of the matter is that Stihl has built their reputation on quality products and quality service. All Stihl dealers have techs that for the most part are knowledgeable about the products they sell, and have parts and people that can service saws. You will find one in just about every town in the country. For someone that does not want to tune, sharpen or work on their own saws but "just cut wood with a reliable saw," this works real well. With that said I'm sure there are many great Husky dealers around too. For every one of those there are probably 3 that would be hard pressed to figure out how to put the chain on the saw when you buy it (personal experience). That doesn't really bother me cause I'm buying the saw, not the dealers ability to service/maintain the saw. Some might view this differently.

after running the 365 for a good couple hundred hours over the last few months I have to say..... no other saw feels right.

I did not say that Husky saws are not good reliable saws, if I thought that I wouldn't own any. The fact of the matter is that Stihl has built their reputation on quality products and quality service. All Stihl dealers have techs that for the most part are knowledgeable about the products they sell, and have parts and people that can service saws. You will find one in just about every town in the country. For someone that does not want to tune, sharpen or work on their own saws but "just cut wood with a reliable saw," this works real well. With that said I'm sure there are many great Husky dealers around too. For every one of those there are probably 3 that would be hard pressed to figure out how to put the chain on the saw when you buy it (personal experience). That doesn't really bother me cause I'm buying the saw, not the dealers ability to service/maintain the saw. Some might view this differently.

just thought i would rattle your cage.:greenchainsaw: i work for a utility company all they buy are sthils. i just prefer huskys over sthls . i do own and did buy the one sthil i have . as for a dealer i dont go to them because its easier for me to buy over the internet. i have been sharpening my own chains , it seems to be going good. im shure with time i can master it.

Back