Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here she is :)
01c59dc744bbd4a3fc6f41855db62f6b.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Mr Oregon moon, keep me and fellers on site up to date on the saws please.. I live right next to ya kinda.. Washington that is. I love the old MACs and Homies.
I'll do my best!
Need a few carb kits for sure, do I'm lookin' about.
Wanna get those 10-10s going first.....:D

Well, not much down low, starts kicking in and half throttle til WOT. A rotary engine will rev to the moon but, put off a lot of heat. Companies got into the rotary rage building motorcycles, saws and a few more things, but were not to fuel efficient and polluted a lot. Mazda is supposed to be bringing it back, better technology has came along way. I love them, easy to build and simple, like a piston 2 stroke. Both work on the same principle, every compression is power.

Steve

Suzuki had a rotary engine powered motorcycle. I believe this was a time the two and three cylinder two stroke bikes were offered. I recently sold a Yamaha rz500 4v. King Kenny.

Suzuki had a rotary engine powered motorcycle. I believe this was a time the two and three cylinder two stroke bikes were offered. I recently sold a Yamaha rz500 4v. King Kenny.

You are correct on the Suzuki rotary. I rode one back in the mid to late 70’s, that thing would really hug the turns.

The KMS4 as a single rotor, but it does sound rather like a three cylinder since you have basically three fires for every revolution of the rotor. They do produce a lot of heat, mine will run about 3-4 minutes before the ignition overheats and it quits. Wait 20 minutes or so and do it all again.

IMG_1128.JPG

Does anyone recognize that ignition?

DSC06130.JPG

The "flywheel" is basically just a fan, the rotor provides all the inertia needed to keep it spinning and smooth out the power "strokes".

Mark

The KMS4 as a single rotor, but it does sound rather like a three cylinder since you have basically three fires for every revolution of the rotor. They do produce a lot of heat, mine will run about 3-4 minutes before the ignition overheats and it quits. Wait 20 minutes or so and do it all again.

View attachment 666870

Does anyone recognize that ignition?

View attachment 666871

The "flywheel" is basically just a fan, the rotor provides all the inertia needed to keep it spinning and smooth out the power "strokes".

Mark
Thanks. Any video of it running?

No videos, I am not that advanced technologically...

Two or three plugs per cylinder are O.K. if you are lugging your powerplant around on wheels, even better if you are flying through the air. For poor old saps who must carry them by hand, one coil & spark plug save a few ounces and a few Deutsch marks.

Mark

Back