Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got two Macs, everything else is Poulan. I think I might have inherited the Homelites my son inlaw has been collecting, except a low use SXLA 12. After he got three more Homies, he pushed them off on me. I'm not a big Homie person but I might try and get the bow saw running. Can't remember the model, just remember it having a chrome piece around the starter recoil with holes in it.

Steve
Your Homie is a Super EZ Auto. I've got a red one. I think they also made them in blue.

Here's my homie ez. Not a super to my knowledge but I haven't researched it yet. Should look the same though. Nice peppy saw I must admit for the weight and size.
d89a16a5952c6a699e2cb00f6380f065.jpg

Brain fade I have a blue n white homies in the garage, a poulan, and a few mini Macs on a shelf. Haven't seen them in 12 years. The mini Macs have 9" bars.

Put the nut back on and leave it loose, that will keep parts from flying when it does pop.

Put a lot of tension on the puller, then supporting the saw by the puller give the puller a sharp rap directly on the end of the threaded rod. They will usually come free if you give it an adequate rap.

I would also say that adding a few more hinges may help...

Mark

#NeedsMoreHinges

My ez has a decompression valve also. I swear I've seen one of these ez's saw with a bow on it, wasn't big but was a good size compared to the saw. On another note, if anyone has one of those older mini mac's they would be willing to part with hit me up. Looking for a complete cheap small top handle for cutting up brush from tree trimming jobs. The Craftsman 2.3 is just a little too heavy for my liking usually and rarely gets used.

Now I have a big problem... Trying to pull the flywheel off my Homie 1050. Crank nut is OFF.. (Not that senile yet) I've done everything that is possible.. SStill won't pop.. What am I missing? Set screw?..View attachment 667081 View attachment 667082
Heat...
With the puller tensioned up,if a couple of love taps with a hammer don't make er pop add some heat around the shaft with a propane or map gas torch

Well do to the older Husqvarna saws being priced out of sight I decided to go back to collecting other brands. I picked up two partners and one 10-10 McCullough today. My little collection is growing. I have no homies or pioneers yet.

What saws do you collectors collect?
Well i am a hoarder of big old saws,big saws,old saws,med saws,small saws,new saws,parts saws and parts of saws.This is my storage van for saws and a shot of inside121.JPG photo0419.jpg

Back