Vintage Chainsaw GTG in Baraboo WI August 19, 20, 21st WHO's Going!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More two man saws in action, first up Steve King, not which one was the winner though

196172d1314035403-dscn5056-jpg

196173d1314035420-dscn5061-jpg

James & CO. on a Disston

196174d1314035653-dscn5058-jpg

Roger with a Mcculloch 940 I believe

196175d1314035654-dscn5059-jpg

Scott & Pete on the Mall

196176d1314035655-dscn5060-jpg

Mark

Last edited:
Mark,

I believe the KB (second picture of Steve King) was the winner overall. That was pretty impressive considering the saw was wearing scratcher chain.

Marty

Steve's KB was impressive considering it has scratcher chain. He researched all the angles, and did a great job sharpening it as the results show. I was very happy to see how close many of the saws were in each class. It shows that the guys are really getting the most out of these old saws for the times to be so close. Spent the morning over at the show grounds cleaning up our area, then the afternoon draining gas and putting away saws. Made a batch of canned salsa tonight. Back to work tomorrow.
Scott

I just went through nogoingback's albums, wow that is a lot of pics to download. You sure do a great job of getting the shots at just the right moment. Lots of cookies falling to the ground. And then nice clos-ups for downcuts, and zoom out to show the roost on the upcuts. Thanks for posting them all for us.
Scott

Kris did a nice job with the photos, a lot of interesting shots there that do indeed capture some of the action.

For next year - Acres lists the 300 as 80cc but the McCulloch service manual confirms it is 87cc, in fact the 300 could be turned in to a 650 with the addition of a gear box.

Mark

Kris did a nice job with the photos, a lot of interesting shots there that do indeed capture some of the action.

For next year - Acres lists the 300 as 80cc but the McCulloch service manual confirms it is 87cc, in fact the 300 could be turned in to a 650 with the addition of a gear box.

Mark

My 650 has both "300" and "650" stamped on the block. The 1965 Workshop Manual Suplement states that the 300 is 5.3ci/87 cc.

Hi all,

I know this is an old thread, but this gtg looks to be active. I was planning on going to steam engine show in Chilton Aug 12,13 but will probably go to this instead, even though it's quite a bit farther. Anyone else plan on going? Pretty excited to see some vintage saw stuff.

Hi all,

I know this is an old thread, but this gtg looks to be active. I was planning on going to steam engine show in Chilton Aug 12,13 but will probably go to this instead, even though it's quite a bit farther. Anyone else plan on going? Pretty excited to see some vintage saw stuff.

Yes there will be quite a few folks there. It looks like Scott has not been on the sire since March but I am sure he will stop in and start a new thread. The dates will be August 18-20

Latest posts

Back