Vintage Chainsaw GTG in Baraboo WI August 19, 20, 21st WHO's Going!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill I haven't talked with Les yet. I seem to remember he said he didn't have any walnut left after last year. I'll try to get a hold of him. Another idea we had was to have some shingles made with only one stamp on them to leave room to attach a show plaque.
Scott

Scott,

That sounds good. Ask Les if he wants me to bring some Walnut 4 /4 with me. On a side note Kevin called Saturday night and he said he will have his Comet diesel there along with the Jonsered diesel. That should be very interesting

Scott,

I was up at the show grounds yesterday morning. Is that all the wood that we have for the saws? I'm chasing a line on some 26" elm that we might be able to use for the show. If you want me to bring it up I can or I'll cut it up for firewood. Please let me know soon.

The Mall was stubborn yesterday. Looks like I have to pull the carb and go through the whole thing.

Can't wait to get up there to see you all again. Hope you all have a great week.

Marty

The wood was given to us by Goodland Tree Works here in Madison who went way out of their way to help us get it loaded up. If anyone knows someone who needs an arborist, it would be nice to shoot them some business as a thank you.

Mark,

Can't wait to see those diesel saws. I've read about them, but have never seen one. Getting more excited by the minute to get up there.

M

Well I do not think Mark has a diesel saw. If he does that is great. As I noted earlier Kevin will be making the long drive down from SK Canada and he will have 2 diesel saws. The one is a Jonsered that he ran last year and the other is a sweet looking Comet. It is nice to see the Canadien guys make the trek down.

Bill

Was up to the show grounds last night to drop off the gooseneck. Starting to fill up with tractors already.

Scott,

The wood is up there still loaded on my trailer. I think you were there last night in the red Ford, but every chance I waved you didn't stop. Well, maybe it wasn't you? Anyway, if you would like to look at the wood it is on my trailer over where all the trailers are. It shouldn't be hard to pick out (it is the only one with large logs on it). Please let me know where you want it, and if we need any of it for this year or next?

Thanks,
Marty

Roger Bennet called today to check up on me, had his stuff loaded up and ready to head over.

I am supposed to get home about 1:00 AM tomorrow (Friday) morning, a little sleep, may have to mow the yard before I can take off but I should be there sometime Friday afternoon.

Scott, I will have your clutch drum and since I'm stopping by home I'll try to rememeber to throw in a Mini Mac or two to give Peter something more to do.

Marty, you have any little sticks in that load for the Mini's to gnaw on?

I pulled the Wright GS5020 Recip off the shelf last weekend and fueled it up, low and behold it started and ran nicely. Amazing what 30 minutes or more in the ultrasonic cleaner will do for one of those skinnner ribbon air filter elements.

In fact, I only had one saw that I had to give a shot of prime to get started, and that one had a little bar oil seep into the crankcase (a little, yeah, hydo locked is more like it) but it was running last Saturday in any case.

Any prognosis for the weather?

Mark

30 percent chance of isolated thunderstorms Friday and Saturday. So far so good.

There will be plenty of wood up there from what I can see.

Marty

Hey Marty, sorry I didn't notice you, that must have been me. I had both kids, the dog, and the FIL in the truck, a few distractions. We'll be there about 8am Friday. Mark, thanks for remembering the clutch drum. Bill is bringing one too just in case. My wright saw has no spark now, and i have not worked on it, so Mark might be the only recip runnin. I'm sure the is a stick of wood from last year we can use for the mini's. If it is raining at noon on Sat., we'll just wait for it to stop before we begin the contest. That might mess up Wendell's schedule though.
Scott

So far I'm bringing:

McCulloch
10-10S
D44
PM700
Super Pro 70

Homelite
770D
Zip
909D
26 LCS
XL Automatic (maybe)

Pioneer

John Deere
70V

Stihl
041 FB (otherwise it would never get ran)

Mall Model 6

Mercury Disston DA-211

They are not all mine, and some are for sale/trade.

Things are going great at the show. I had 2 10X10's sawed today, and we'll set Marty's red elm log in the morning for the 2-man saws. 1st pic is one of our 10X10's getting sawed on the antique band saw. It was powered today by a steam engine. Second pic is me throwing a roost with my MC92 hotsaw. It is tuned, sharp, and ready to cut.
IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

Well the rain was very light and it turned out to be a great day. I would say some of the best weather we have had I am sure Scott we be along with pics and results. I have many videos but no time to load them plus the hotel connection is dead slow. It was a great time with great people.

Bill

Latest posts

Back