What Saw(s) Should I Get?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet your dad can still crush our hands in a handshake ,you can tell the older guys that were hard workers .

I used to go to this bar with him when i was a kid ..well i would call it an institution not a bar..his one buddy used to bite glass ash trays in half .. him and his friends were savages , i saw more guys get their ass beat by the age of 12 than most ever will..most of those guys are dead..in the bang..in a wheelchair..or a shadow of what they were , life caught up.

That job in that picture they had beer and dog biscuits for breakfast..true story..they built a privacy fence too that has 52 cases of crushed iron city cans in it..the guy that lives there now said he can hear them in the wind.

Not now..ill smash his old ass :laugh:

before his cancer operation he would have broke my wrist no problem , him and his boys worked HARD , 40 years of beer..hard work..and a lifestyle you would see on TV caught up with him , im tryin to make better decisions.

That's like me and my dad, only I did smash his old ass. Prick used to encourage fighting in school and ****. Fought with me all the time. I **** kicked a few of his friends who were also alky's. Was at his house last year and it got a little out of hand. Smoked him in the forehead and split his head open. Sobered him right up LOL he was more concerned about the blood staining the grout in between the tiles of his kitchen though. LOL he ended up with 5 stitches but it wasn't til after the grout was cleaned up spotless. :laugh: we're on good terms. Weirdly enough, I think he liked it.

man, i don't know what to say. i'm hurt :laugh: if you considered what they sell for it would be pretty stupid of you to not take one free. if you ran one you'd **** but you'd likely struggle to start it let alone cut with it. this saw would mop the floor with a 2100. i think the 395 would beat it though. a 3120 would beat it but it is more of an awkward saw then the 084. it has it's place where it can't be beaten though. this saw is for milling big wood. it doesn't see bars smaller then 60" :) would be a cold day in hell the day you saw me use one for anything else but i'll take any free one i can get ;)
Never said I was smart, but what the hell do I know? :D

nope, i knew you'd say that because you've said it before. yer a smart man. 357 is literally and inch longer and an ounce or so heavier but alot more power. why anyone would choose a 346 over a 357 is beyond me.
They are close in size, but weight difference is a pound or more. 11.1 for the 346 and 12.8 for the 357. I'll just keep and use both.

CTYank said 441's are junk so I removed them from consideration. ;)

Seriously though I know very little about 440/441/460's. Open to hearing more from those who own(ed) any of these saws.

I've owned all of them. The 441 is the best of all those. Smooth as buttah and gobs of power, and the M-Tronic carb is great too if you're not using it in air depleted of oxygen. But that's only on fires, and that's probably not your intended use.

The 440 is the second best, and is the lightest. It's nicely balanced but doesn't have the guts of a 441 or 460.

The 460 is only better than the other two when bars above 28" come out... And it's only marginally better, and pro. And it vibrates more than the 440 or 441.

The 461 is better than all of those three. But if you don't get a 461 buy a 441 if you want a Stihl.

But you're a Husky guy. So go buy a 372 and forget it. That's what I would do.

Latest posts

Back