What's the best deal you ever got on a saw??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid 70 bucks for my as new pioneer farmsaw and my VERY good friend bought a new Jonsered so he have me my Husky 2100cd , said he was getting too old for such a heavy saw ! 5 yrs ago and still running strong::chainsawguy: MD:

Guy wanted $165 for an 08S. His father handed down to him. Went to take a look-see. Cranks and runs perfect. Offered $100 and he took the offer. .404 chain can throw some chips! Having a hard time making mind to sell it. Solid as a rock, heavy as a boulder.

Then there is the Makita 6401 like new for $250 from the pawn shop cause owner could not get it to run. Missing slide switch plastic. Got home and inserted plastic between contacts. Cranked first pull.

Then another Makita 6401 from Home Depot Rental for $140. 2 new chains, new air filter, bottle of oil tools and pouch. And she filled it with oil and gas. I love Kathlene!

Another pawn shop deal, MS361, very little use, original bar, $200 out the door. What a saw! Stolen out of the garage that very night or following day along with 5 other saws. I was SICK!

125.00$ CAD FOR MY 288XP AT A PAWN SHOP.
FREE 046 MAG ARCTIC NEEDED BEARINGS AND P/C
FREE 026 NEEDED BEARINGS
:greenchainsaw:

018c my dad gave me two years ago. He found it on a state road north of where we live. Fell out of someones truck and had been sitting in the weeds for awhile. Put a new handle on it ($70) and cleaned it up, seems to run really well. Use it all the time.

Had a customer bring in a blown up 359. He wanted $50 dollars for it. Gave him the money. Two weeks later had a customer bring in a 359 a tree fell only a few months old. He gave me the smashed 359. The piston and cylinder were perfect. Changed them over and had a good running 359. Cut with it a year and then sold it for $250.:greenchainsaw:

06 Husky 353 Etec, got it from the rental shop where I work for $53 bucks, it had reach the end of it's depretiation cycle, but had only gone out on rent about 10 times. Bought a hard case, non cat muffler, and new bar for it, got about $140 in it total.

craftsman 36cc

.40/lb it's now my 'go-to' saw. no spark, 10 minute fix. :clap:

Last edited:
This time last year I got all this for 48.57% of RRP.
Everything was ~6 months old but had not been used except the 441, which had be used to cut a couple of cords. I really only wanted the 880 but the deal was so good I could not pass it by.
attachment.php

I sold the 56" Granberg mill and was going to sell the 441 but it is such a nice saw I kept it and am using it my home made rail mill.

a good running Sachs Dolmar 166 with a 36" bar for $250 cause the guy bought an 088.

Bought a fish tub full of saws from a guy.50 bucks.Homelite XL1 auto,XL 12,Pioneer 970,two 031 av's in pieces,bottom end of a partner 5000,a 59cc remington [pl 4,sl 4?]and a john deere #12 which apparently is the same as the remington,what else?Lots of pieces,chains and bars,etc etc.So far got the XL1 going[carb kit,fuel lines]and the remington runs but the handle is broke off the front.Love to make an 031 go ,I've always loved the look of those old stihls but i think that project may be beyond my smarts.Oh i got another john deere too,a little bigger than the first,cant find a number on it.Not a bad haul.

My $25 394 husky ran, but would not start back hot. It needed a $85 ignition, rim, drum, and chain. Runs great might be my favorite saw. It is a little ruff well used by a saw mill.

A Dolmar 143 in A1 cond for $75 and a little Blitz B300 for $5.00 (just needed a new fuel line), but then I've paid way too much for a couple of saws.

Non running 066 with a 36" bar for $75. Replaced the piston and rings and she runs like a champ:)

is that the one you used to make some cash off another AS member?

i just picked up a stihl 650 for 300 cash only thing it needed was that silver casted piece that the filter bolts to and the gas cap o ring so 30 bucks in parts

i got a nice clean saw with a brand new bar and chain for $330 i thought my hand was gonna burn when i picked it up off from the guy but he was a local farmer so i wasn't worried about it being hot.

is that the one you used to take cash off another AS member?

Are you gonna list it on Ebay and try to take some cash off someone else?

Latest posts

Back