whats the most useful bar and chain combo for 346xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some LP, LPX and LG chains for sale in the trading post. Some are .325, some are .375 pitch and .050 or .063 gauge. Most are short through, 60, 62 and 68 DL chains. Let me know if there is something that peeks your interest.

Actually mine is pretty Damn stout with a 20" 325. Even when running cross grain. And again saw has never been touched other than maintenance.

I like the cannon super mini, 18", 75 drive links for .325 pitch, .050 gauge, 7 pin

Really tough bar, not any heavier than the other solid bars.

My saws are modified, no problem in hard wood. If the nose is buried I grab a bigger saw to save time.

What have you done to yours redoakneck. Iv been thinking about a mm and base gasket delete.

Mastermind did one fully works ported, and Brad Snelling did a pop up on my 346oe, and a 550. Also have one from Neil Murphy, base gasket delete and muff mod get u a lot for very little.

.....and a SHARP chain

I have no shame in running a Oregon bar at all.

Nor do I - the only "complaint" I have about the ProLite bars is that they usually are heavier than other laminated bars.

That's fine with some length/powerhead combinations (like 346xp 13"), but more commonly a disadvantage.

On light saws I like the Norwegian made Husky bars, and would never put a PowerMatch or similar RSN bar on one (except in a pinch).

I disagree, at least with the "18. 325. I use a "18. 325 pro lite on one of mine, and it feels perfect, just like the "16 3/8.

The 18" (called) 72 dl .325 bars really are 17" bars, so likely not bad at all (at least not the lighter ones). I deliberately didn't mention them in my post, to keep it simple - obviously a mistake....;)

Anyway, we are well into hair splitting here by now! :lol:

Back