wicked work saw down for a few days due to kidney stone.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Know what you're goin through man, worst pain I ever had. I did three in a row with two trips to the ER. Pain meds in the drip helped. Worst 3 weeks of my life... Good news is, you will get better.

i am hoping that in the next couple of days it will pass. i have too much work to get done. my saw shop is ready to stock the shelves and go full time any day now so this is just another hold up.

Know what you're goin through man, worst pain I ever had. I did three in a row with two trips to the ER. Pain meds in the drip helped. Worst 3 weeks of my life... Good news is, you will get better.

I had the pain med. in a drip also, with something you could push a button yourself. Darvon, i believe was what was used back then, anyhow one manual dose was all i could stomach, nausea, puke city, followed immediately.

Edit: Demerol instead of Darvon is what i think they gave me, was hard to pay attention at the time!

Last edited:
one thing that i have found wierd is my little female chihuahua ,thats my lap dog ,goes to whining everytime i get up and go to the bathroom. she sets outside to door and cries till i go back and lay down then she hugs up just as close to me as she can. it kinda lifts my spirits a little

one thing that i have found wierd is my little female chihuahua ,thats my lap dog ,goes to whining everytime i get up and go to the bathroom. she sets outside to door and cries till i go back and lay down then she hugs up just as close to me as she can. it kinda lifts my spirits a little

she knows you are in pain,, my cat will do the same thing

I had the pain med. in a drip also, with something you could push a button yourself. Darvon, i believe was what was used back then, anyhow one manual dose was all i could stomach, nausea, puke city, followed immediately.

I was on oxycodone and percocet for three weeks. The nausea went away after a few days.

Folks who haven't been through this have No idea what pain is. :msp_w00t:

Wow this must be a big one ive had my first one on my elk hunt last year. I knew what it was right away pissinblood and cant keep aa lot of fluids down it sucks man I feel for you... get well soon

Hope you feel better

They are no fun. Had one once and it really opens your eyes. Mine hit me about half way through a hay ride. That was one long ride bouncing around in the back of that wagon. Went to the hospital as soon as we returned. I gimped into the ER and they knew hat I had before I said anything. Ended up peeing through a strainer for a week until I caught it. I would have thought it was Mt Rushmore the way it felt, but it was the size of a grain of sand.

Hope you feel better.

Don't use the air compressor method. Could send the stones through your eardrums. What you need to do is use the McCulloch lithotriptor. Start up an old Mac with NO antivibe. Run it wide open and the vibes going through your bod will bust them there stones into dust.

Bummer! Part of the nausea may well be the pain meds, and those narcotics aren't doing you any favors. Percocet made me sweat, itch, and kept me wired until I was so exhausted that I could finally get a couple of hours of sleep. Switching to vicodin eliminated the problem.

You're in our thoughts and prayers.:msp_sad: Get well soon.

Terry get to felling better as a firefighter that run on people with kidney stones one guy told me
It was like trying to piss a cockleburView attachment 282120

Good luck hope you get better

She senses that something is wrong. I told you of my problems with kidney stones so I know just what you are going through. Not trying to be funny, but this to shall pass. Hope you are better soon. Tom

I have cronic bi-lateral kidney stones. First time I had them I thought I was dieing (also the first time I had ever been to the hospital). The Doctor told me I had pockets of them. No insurance so busting them up is out of the question for me. I pass em as they come anymore- usually 2-3 times a year. Drink lots of beer and hit the lazy boy. First time I had them they gave me some miracle IV called deladen (spelling) that stuff is fantastic.:rock:

Back