wicked work saw down for a few days due to kidney stone.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was 2000 when I had kidney stones. It hit me like a ton of bricks. My Dad had to come and get me to take me to the ER. I was throwing up in a trash can. I didn't know you could hurt so bad! I was fortunate and passed it later that day:rock:

Terry, one thing I found when I was going through this, is lemon juice will dissolve the stones. I had three stones drop out of the kidney 5-7 days apart and never passed one. I was constantly drinking water with a whole lemon squeezed into a glass at a time. And 2-3 beer between the percocet every 4 hours. Doc said he'd never seen anything like it...

There are two types of stones calcium and acid. The lemon juice will desolve the acid stone, but not the calcium. Backing soda in water will also dissolve an acid stone. In my opinion drink lemon juice will help prevent stoned. Tom

I feel for you, I've had kidneys stones twice and it's rough camping for sure!

Ok Terry while your laid up with the stones i guess i can head down your way and fill in for awhile. Let me start porting on Mark's saws. LMAO. :laugh:

Get better buddy and i might send you a 576xp to make WICKED.

so any updates from the wicked work saw factory. no update last night has got me thinking bad things. hope all is well and your getting somewhere with this terry. :angel:

i think i have finally passed it. i waspassing so many blood clots that it looked like chicken livers in a bowl so i cant say for certain when it went. im still very sore tired and half sick. but i am in the shop unboxing saws and parts trying to get back to the grind. thanks for all the well wishes

i think i have finally passed it. i waspassing so many blood clots that it looked like chicken livers in a bowl so i cant say for certain when it went. im still very sore tired and half sick. but i am in the shop unboxing saws and parts trying to get back to the grind. thanks for all the well wishes

C'mon now Terry, if you can walk you can work. Those things never killed anybody yet...even if it feels like they might. :laugh:

Glad you're feeling better.

Glad to see that you are better. Tom

good to hear yer near the end of the road to recovery. hope this doesn't happen again to you. this world doesn't have enough wicked work saws :msp_thumbup:

Hey Terry now that your better, I have a rush job for.you

Glad your onto recovery my friend:msp_thumbup:

P.S.
I was getting drunk as **** just reading this thread.

There are two types of stones calcium and acid. The lemon juice will desolve the acid stone, but not the calcium. Backing soda in water will also dissolve an acid stone. In my opinion drink lemon juice will help prevent stoned. Tom

Sorry but that is only a very rudimentary information on kidney stones.

The scientific data that lemon juice will disolve a acid stone is, how should I put it, very vague! Please stop publishing this misinformation. To make it simple "how should a acid disolve acid?". Besides that the situation is much more complex. There are much more different type of stones.

As a general rule: please donot drink as much fluid as you can at once! There is a increased risk of causing a rupture in your calyx/urether tract, due to high pressure. This makes an operation highly probable. So if you want to get rid of your stone fluid is your friend, but approximately every 1/2hr a small glass of water.

To put it simple, the two main stone types are calcium carbonate types and uric acid ones. The typical reason for primary are from the typical shortage of regular fluid uptake. The typical reason for the second type are from a over nutrition with protein diet. The second type is the only type sensitive to medication for disolving. The primary type just go the natural way, or if the size is too large then there are different types of procedures available(ESWL, URS, Lithotrypter, etc.).

Sorry but that is only a very rudimentary information on kidney stones.

The scientific data that lemon juice will disolve a acid stone is, how should I put it, very vague! Please stop publishing this misinformation. To make it simple "how should a acid disolve acid?". Besides that the situation is much more complex. There are much more different type of stones.

As a general rule: please donot drink as much fluid as you can at once! There is a increased risk of causing a rupture in your calyx/urether tract, due to high pressure. This makes an operation highly probable. So if you want to get rid of your stone fluid is your friend, but approximately every 1/2hr a small glass of water.

To put it simple, the two main stone types are calcium carbonate types and uric acid ones. The typical reason for primary are from the typical shortage of regular fluid uptake. The typical reason for the second type are from a over nutrition with protein diet. The second type is the only type sensitive to medication for disolving. The primary type just go the natural way, or if the size is too large then there are different types of procedures available(ESWL, URS, Lithotrypter, etc.).

Hey Doc,

Since I've never had hemmmoroids

I'm a perfect azz!

Just saying!

Get better Terry!

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Ouchy! I had a 4mm stone last July, damn they hurt.....sound like yours is a little worse than mine though. They gave me a dose of morphine and sent me home. It was almost 2 weeks later before I passed it. Drinking beer hanging around the pool one saturday and out she came!

I went back to the doctor last week for my results. They said it was Calcium Oxalate, and basically that I don't drink enough water. I said, ''I coulda told ya that'' :laugh:

Hope ya get back going soon!

Ouchy! I had a 4mm stone last July, damn they hurt.....sound like yours is a little worse than mine though. They gave me a dose of morphine and sent me home. It was almost 2 weeks later before I passed it. Drinking beer hanging around the pool one saturday and out she came!

I went back to the doctor last week for my results. They said it was Calcium Oxalate, and basically that I don't drink enough water. I said, ''I coulda told ya that'' :laugh:

Hope ya get back going soon!

That's why I was telling Terry to drink more Pepsi...root beer too. Get them kidneys flushed out. :rock:

December 2011 is when I had my the last stone was 5.5MM (the size of a 22 bullet) 1 night in the hospital, 3 bags of Morphine, 3 bags of fluids and a surgery. Thing is I passed it on my own right before surgery but I was so doeped up I didn't know and the nurse didn't find it. My wife found it AFTER the surgery. It was not fun at all. only the 3rd time ever I volunteered to go to the hospital. That was my third kidney stone and now, every time my left side hurts a little I nearly panic thinking its a kidney stone. Iv figured out that lots of water, and cranberry juice helps. I can hardly drink either straight so I mix them half and half.

Hope your well.................i have had many kidney stones,and i thought i was tough till my first stone,felt like a baby throwing up,pulling my hair out,once stayed home not trying to go to er thought tuff it out,and busted a blood vessel above my eyes,felt like a hot poker,was worse than the stone,o and i ripped puck buckets in half,and nurse said i guess you still in pain......i feel for you brother i cringe every time my low back aches,scared to death its a stone.....i passed 6 stones so far.....its been 2 years since my last,and i know one be coming soon,happens every year,since its been 2 years,i past due....................get well.

A buddy of mine on The Boat passed about a dozen kidney stones in about a week while underway. Afterward, he kept them in a little glass jar to show as part of the horror story. The largest was just a bit more than BB-sized. I don't ever want to go through that. Much sympathy.

Latest posts

Back