"You Suck" Thread 2016--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tire analogy is spot on except you might not get slip with them. Same idea though. Pitch is just a different final gear ratio with slippage. I've been looking on eBay for props and there are a lot of bigger pitch props for sale but not many in the lower range as most probably think bigger is better and find out it doesn't work that well.

Sent from somewhere

This actually happened in late 2015, but I'm just getting to it now.
Craigslist score, ended up being 1/2 mile from my house. $150.00. Needed a carb cleaning, oil pump drive gear, fuel/impulse lines, and general cleaning. It runs perfect, and shows 165psi on my gauge. Piston looks great. I fell like this is the first time I really lucked out. Here are some before and after shots.
10mm044.jpg 10mm44.jpg 20151114_132808.jpg 20151114_132739.jpg 20151114_132800.jpg

This actually happened in late 2015, but I'm just getting to it now.
Craigslist score, ended up being 1/2 mile from my house. $150.00. Needed a carb cleaning, oil pump drive gear, fuel/impulse lines, and general cleaning. It runs perfect, and shows 165psi on my gauge. Piston looks great. I fell like this is the first time I really lucked out. Here are some before and after shots.
View attachment 477422 View attachment 477423 View attachment 477427 View attachment 477428 View attachment 477429
Nice...good looking 044. Cleaned up well.

IMG_0314.JPG IMG_0315.JPG

Picked up this 029 Super AV on new years day while everyone else was sleeping off their hangovers. Not what I was looking for but it was only $90 and it fired on the second pull on a cold January morning.

I'm thinking about drilling some holes in the muffler :chainsaw:

Tire analogy is spot on except you might not get slip with them. Same idea though. Pitch is just a different final gear ratio with slippage. I've been looking on eBay for props and there are a lot of bigger pitch props for sale but not many in the lower range as most probably think bigger is better and find out it doesn't work that well.

Sent from somewhere

I think perhaps the best analogy for Alum vs Steel props might be a transmission torque converter with continuous slip as you go down the road or one that locks down at higher speed.

I guess the value of that comparison would only be found for someone that understands trucks and doesn't understand boat props.

Home Depot Makita 6421 score. Free. Saw was straight gassed so needed a new P&C. Got the OEM 79cc kit (thank you fordf150!). Still working on it, hope to have it up and running in another week or so. Also, special thanks to psuiewalsh for hints and tips while I've been working on it.

image.jpg image.jpg

Home Depot Makita 6421 score. Free. Saw was straight gassed so needed a new P&C. Got the OEM 79cc kit (thank you fordf150!). Still working on it, hope to have it up and running in another week or so. Also, special thanks to psuiewalsh for hints and tips while I've been working on it.

View attachment 477737 View attachment 477736

Did that one die on its first rental? The saw looks nearly unused!

Not sure the history, it was built 11/13 per the label on the fuel tank. If I had to guess I would say less than 25 hours based on the condition of the plastics, etc.
And they gave it to you for free? I picked up two fixers last year that look straight gassed, but they still charged me $75 each for them. That's a dandy of a YOU SUCK.

Aluminum props will flex under load so that effectively reduces pitch in a way and that is called prop slip. A stainless steel prop has very little give so no flex which means pitch doesn't change like a alum so it will slips less. By saying slip it would be the same theory behind a loose clutch slipping in a way. Except it slips in the water not pushing the boat forward. So when the prop slips less with a stainless steel prop your engine will not turn as high of rpm and you can actually lose speed and performance if you don't have enough HP to turn the actual operating pitch of the prop.

In short my boat is over propped by one pitch with an aluminum prop. If I put the same pitch prop in stainless the boat would suffer performance wise. If I go from 19"pitch alum to a 17" stainless I should get a performance gain in hole shot and better power pulling the minions on the tube without lugging the engine.

It makes a really big difference if you are pulling a skier up. If you are over propped it can be very difficult to pull a skier up out of the water. Over propped is not good and under propped if not driven carefully a person can redline an engine by over revving thus rod thrown.
Oh yeah marine engines are tough torque monsters. Cause of that they don't handle over reving well do to heavy internal parts spinning fast with light to no load. You can torch a jet ski easy by gassin it all the time while it is cavitatin

Just got this new flown once airframe servos electric retracts and a jett 50 nitro engine for tRade of my 55cc gasser engine 20160111_173455.jpg It flew nice and fast but not fast enough at 120mph20160111_173621.jpg when I'm done it should look like dusty crop hopper from planes20160111_173529.jpg

Back