Youngest CAD victim - Yes there are pics!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to take a minute and thank Jon1212, who was gracious enough to offer and send Digger another saw. Jonathon added a new dimension to the whole experience by sending Mason the tracking number so we can check the progress of the saw as it makes its way here. In addition, Jonathon called the house and we visited for quite a while, which gave me the opportunity to let Mason make a personal connection with his benefactor. He and Mason spoke for a few minutes and afterward I was peppered with questions about where is Sacramento? What is UPS? How do we know Jonathon?

My reply was "We didn't know him until a few moments ago, son. That's one of the great things about this addiction and the people who have it."

Just tell Digger Jon is just another AS GOOFBALL :hmm3grin2orange: A peg leg one too! :hmm3grin2orange:

Just tell Digger Jon is just another AS GOOFBALL :hmm3grin2orange: A peg leg one too! :hmm3grin2orange:

Mr Bone, you are quite the funny guy! :hmm3grin2orange:

Rumor has it that Jon has firmly subscribed to the 'Soren Eriksson 6-point method' but is opening a dance studio as a backup plan ... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mr Bone, you are quite the funny guy! :hmm3grin2orange:

Rumor has it that Jon has firmly subscribed to the 'Soren Eriksson 6-point method' but is opening a dance studio as a backup plan ... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

*Reported* To the Moderators.........:msp_mad:

I love this thread, I wouldnt be who i am today if it werent for my dad taking me out and teaching me everything he had to offer. I always just thought of it as time with dad, but now looking back, i realize exactly what he was doing. I'm getting married in september and look forward to having a son of my own that i can teach and influence and turn a wrench with.

Now to really upset some people. I hate to ask.....what does CAD stand for? im sure i will be putting my palm to my forehead as soon as i find out. thanks in advance.

I love this thread, I wouldnt be who i am today if it werent for my dad taking me out and teaching me everything he had to offer. I always just thought of it as time with dad, but now looking back, i realize exactly what he was doing. I'm getting married in september and look forward to having a son of my own that i can teach and influence and turn a wrench with.

Now to really upset some people. I hate to ask.....what does CAD stand for? im sure i will be putting my palm to my forehead as soon as i find out. thanks in advance.

Chainsaw addiction disorder ;)

We had a few minutes to work out in the shop today. I left the new wrenches on Mason's bench for him to find; he was quite excited to have his own set.

100_0881.jpg

Then it was time for him to run new fuel lines, install the ignition and the carburetor. He got a little taste of having someone between his work and the light when his little brother, Max, decided to check in on our progress.

100_0882.jpg

I also got an apron for him and one for me. He likes the idea of something to keep the grime off, but doesn't like to call it an apron. He wants to call it, "the thing we wear in the shop when we work on saws that is not a kitchen apron." I finally got him to settle on "shop apron", but he wasn't crazy about the idea. Little brother wanted in the picture again.

100_0884.jpg

We got some of the work done before mom called us in for dinner. Roast beef, mashed taters, gravy, home made biscuits and mixed vegetables. Good stuff.

100_0883.jpg

So, maybe tomorrow we'll have a chance to finish it and I'll see if my 021 will hold a vacuum...

Jon1212 was nice enough to send not only the saw, but included the bar, chain, and case as well!!

100_0896.jpg

I was kindly refused when I offered to pay him shipping. Please send Jon1212 a little rep for me.

Digger asked me to give him more "Thank You's" than I could count. I lost it around 12 or so. He has made Digger a very happy little man.

Now if only Mom would let us start it in the house......

Hey Jon,

I signed up just so I could say thanks for the saw. It is great. Thanks for sending the case, too.

all I think it needs is a carburetor kit.

Digger

Rep'd ya Dig - Keep up the work good to see you getting in to it young.

dw

Hey Jon,

I signed up just so I could say thanks for the saw. It is great. Thanks for sending the case, too.

all I think it needs is a carburetor kit.

Digger

Digger,
You're most welcome. I hope it is that simple of a fix, and I'm glad you really like it. One of these days you'll have to give a Husqvarna a try too........LOL!!!
Once you get that Poulan sorted out let me know how it runs, and cuts.

Digger,
You're most welcome. I hope it is that simple of a fix, and I'm glad you really like it. One of these days you'll have to give a Husqvarna a try too........LOL!!!
Once you get that Poulan sorted out let me know how it runs, and cuts.

I'll let you know how it runs and cuts!!

Well, Digger's Mom said it was too cold and cramped in our little workshop, so she made Digger and I move our little operation to the basement. We spent most of last week and weekend getting the basement cleaned and then ready with a workbench.

100_0897.jpg

I made sure there was room for Digger's smaller bench beside the big one.

100_0898.jpg

Latest posts

Back