Your choice?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No alcohol gets in any of my small engines. I check the alcohol content of all gasoline I buy, several times fuel bought from non-ethanol pumps has been found to have up to 15 percent alcohol.

From my time working weekends in a mechanics I know ethanol kills engines and can't imagine it would be any better for a chainsaw

My local husky shop just started selling the canned premix from VP racing, quarts, gallons and five gallon pails. 100 clamolas for the pail.

That's a bummer, might check out the local marinas if there are any up there. Ethanol is a no-no in boat motors.

I was quoting Uncle stash, as he is in Missouri and we have Conoco stations all over the state..
Searched high and low, all over God's green earth. Nothing to be found without ethanol withing a days drive of me.

I've run nothing but 87 ethanol in my saws, spliter, boat, & vehicles for as long as they've made ethanol & never a problem. I do try to use an additive in the last tanks if the equipment is going to be stored for a while which rarely happens even with my 25 HP Johnson.

No one to deliver ethanol free fuel and running the 100LL really causes more problems than it solves. I've honestly had no trouble with 87 e-based fuel, you just have to understand it and use it accordingly. It does affect carb inards and fuel lines but all that should really be replaced at maintenance intervals anyway to keep things running top notch.

No one to deliver ethanol free fuel and running the 100LL really causes more problems than it solves. I've honestly had no trouble with 87 e-based fuel, you just have to understand it and use it accordingly. It does affect carb inards and fuel lines but all that should really be replaced at maintenance intervals anyway to keep things running top notch.

Agree

That's a bummer, might check out the local marinas if there are any up there. Ethanol is a no-no in boat motors.

I was quoting Uncle stash, as he is in Missouri and we have Conoco stations all over the state..

I'm in Ill-noise, not Missouri, but my heart will always be in Montana.

I found a station in maine that has E free gas. Its about an hour and a half away, but close to a place we go riding. Will get my 1st 5 gallons tomorrow.

Well I guess I am the odd ball.
I run VP U4.4 witch is a leaded/oxygenated 103 octane race fuel.
No I don't go out of my way to use it, I use it in some of my race bikes so I already have it on hand.
My saw runs really good on it. Smells really good too!:dizzy:

Try motorcycle dealerships, race shops, boat dealer in your area for availability.

Latest posts

Back