575xp operation report.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm probably the least experienced guy on this site, but I never saw a bar look that beat up after such a short time in wood. Wasn't the bar supposed to be new with the saw or did I miss something.

And I have also noticed the Husky guys offering real advice, while all the Stihl guys just want to tell me I don't know anything and don't know what I am doing. Thanks a lot.

To bad,
Your own medicine never tastes very good!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

bar

Here ya go, sorry about the crappy lighting and one is a bit blurry, my camera does not like up close pics.

chain1edited.jpg

chain2edited.jpg

You can tell that bar got REAL hot, real quick. That chain is dull beyond belief. You will fry that 575 if you do that again..... You need to stop the first time you hit dirt or after it gets wood dull, and sharpen it.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

I tried running full skip on my 7900 with a 28 and it cuts better and faster with the full comp chain.

I think the moral to this story is keep your chain sharp and out of the dirt and you will save your saw and it will cut better. It also never hurts to keep your drags set at .030 either.

You can tell that bar got REAL hot, real quick. That chain is dull beyond belief. You will fry that 575 if you do that again..... You need to stop the first time you hit dirt or after it gets wood dull, and sharpen it.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

its a 575...its gonna fry anyway!!!

The chain is on right, the bar is upside down in that pic. I flipped it after removing and sharpening the chain. The power head is to the left of the bar. I did sharpen it once but upon closer examination it looks like it could stand to be touched up some more. The bar was new when I started cutting, but I was cutting into some really big, hard stuff when the oiler problem developed.

The drive links have an 82 stamped on them, and the Oregon site has no reference for an 82, so it is either not losted on their site or it is not an Oregon chain.

And yes, the saw is sitting on my weight bench which is in my kitchen.

Back