I Lost My Husky Dealer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest many many people buy those cheap saws for reasons just like you say. Alot of them soon realize they shoulda bought a decent saw to begin with and guess what, here they come. Had one man tell me he bought 5 of those low price Poulans before he realized it was time to get a real saw. He's running a 361 now, with service and parts to back it up. No need to buy 4 more of the same saw anymore,LOL

i never said i bought 5 poulans!!!!!!!!!!:greenchainsaw:

I know they will give you these deals. I've used them myself. You had better have some solid proof before you call me a liar. And it's not one payment. For the first six months there are NO payments. After the six months, if you miss two payments within a six month period, the rate increases. That is standard with any credit card agreement.

Simple question. Why would they offer something for free?

Answer: They do not for they make a profit due to the fine print.

Not calling you a liar, but it is clearly obvious you are an ingorant fool if you think any big box store is going to offer you anything for free without profiting from it.

If you really believe in he BS you spew then I really feel sorry for you.

alright. not to appear to be too much of a 'yes man' but....
mr. hall i think indy dealers are great. especially when they are good. you are a shining example imo.

but you can't argue that the box stores are filling a need with cheap saws at cheap prices... and on credit. most people, myself included, don't really need to charge anything more. but sometimes that's the only way.
sad but true.

There are some really interesting points made on this thread, until it devolved into a pizzing contest...

I liked Nik's comments, and I agree with him, except...he doesn't really address the fact that Mr. fumduck with the burned-up saw screwed himself by being a jerk. People like that screw themselves repeatedly, and seldom figure it out; they may tell their friends not to shop at your store, but its entirely possible that their friends are losers too.

If that crowd is over-represented in your community, your business is sunk.

The guy that thinks he's just financed your retirement on a 40cc saw isn't anybody's customer base.

yikes man calm down

Not calling you a liar, but it is clearly obvious you are an ingorant fool if you think any big box store is going to offer you anything for free without profiting from it.

we's all just shootin the sh1t here. lets don't get mad.

good post

There are some really interesting points made on this thread, until it devolved into a pizzing contest...

I liked Nik's comments, and I agree with him, except...he doesn't really address the fact that Mr. fumduck with the burned-up saw screwed himself by being a jerk. People like that screw themselves repeatedly, and seldom figure it out; they may tell their friends not to shop at your store, but its entirely possible that their friends are losers too.

If that crowd is over-represented in your community, your business is sunk.

The guy that thinks he's just financed your retirement on a 40cc saw isn't anybody's customer base.

well said

How is driving into a dealership to buy a new saw any different than driving into a dealership to have one serviced? What do you mean by "the basis of a $10 worker?" That is a complete non sequitur.

Silly me. Maybe because I maybe because I like buying from a professional?

If you do not understand the comparatives then stick with HD as I am sure it will be the perfect career for you.

yikes man calm down

If you do not understand the comparatives then stick with HD as I am sure it will be the perfect career for you.

please see my above post.
whats up with your sig?
i guess i'm not a real man cause i have a dewalt chop saw and bostitch nailers?:)

blsnelling said:
I think it's ridiculous that Husky expects their private dealers to work on all the products they sell else where. They want their cake and eat it too.

The box stores have been very good for our shop. We're not a Husky stocking dealer but we do service Husky, Echo, and Solo. We make more money on service than we do new unit sales and service business has been up a lot since the box stores moved into the nearby towns. A typical consumer goes to the box store for the low prices, buys a weed trimmer or small saw, gets virtually no instructions or demonstration on how to use or maintain it, and then brings it to us for service. The most common repair is a carb kit, fuel filter, and a fuel line. Book says an hour for a carb rebuild, I can do it in under a half hour. Easy money.:clap:

please see my above post.
whats up with your sig?
i guess i'm not a real man cause i have a dewalt chop saw and bostitch nailers?:)

Maybe I need to dummy that down to gas powered tools.

I do own some electrical Dewalt tools from HD as well, but you do know that some Dewalt tools offered at HD are inferior Dewalt products even though they carry the same Dewalt product number. Plastic gears instead of metal gears in the HD drill offerings, even though they carry the same Dewalt product number.

The box stores have been very good for our shop. We're not a Husky stocking dealer but we do service Husky, Echo, and Solo. We make more money on service than we do new unit sales and service business has been up a lot since the box stores moved into the nearby towns. A typical consumer goes to the box store for the low prices, buys a weed trimmer or small saw, gets virtually no instructions or demonstration on how to use or maintain it, and then brings it to us for service. The most common repair is a carb kit, fuel filter, and a fuel line. Book says an hour for a carb rebuild, I can do it in under a half hour. Easy money.:clap:

Just curious is that warranty work or consumer paid work?

Last edited:

Of course they profit from it. They profit from increased sales. The fine print is no different from any other credit card offer. Furthermore, THERE ARE NO PAYMENTS AND NO INTEREST FOR THE FIRST SIX MONTHS. That is what is offered, and that is what is done.

No, I understand comparatives well. What you said makes no sense whatsoever, so I was asking you for clarification. You said that I was basing a tool being a complete write off on the basis of a $10 employee. That makes no sense.

Of course they profit from it. They profit from increased sales. The fine print is no different from any other credit card offer. Furthermore, THERE ARE NO PAYMENTS AND NO INTEREST FOR THE FIRST SIX MONTHS. That is what is offered, and that is what is done.

Whats missing here, the fine print. The finance charges are applied, added on per say, if the balance isn't paid off at a certain time. If you pay off the balance within the specified time there are no interest charges, if you don't those 6 months of interest are tacked on, how do I know, I got a HD card and get those offers in the mail all the time. Its still a good deal though, can't deny that...

Last edited:
Whats missing here, the fine print. The finance charges are applied, added on per say, if the balance isn't paid off at a certain time. If you pay off the balance within the specified time there are no interest charges, if you don't those 6 months of interest are tacked on, how do I know, I got a HD card and get those offers in the mail all the time. Its still a good deal though, can't deny that...
Right. It's called six months same as cash by a lot of places. That is what is offered, and that is what is done. So, what do you think about this clown saying you're not a real man since you bought a tool at a box store? :cheers:

Last edited:

Dear Einstein Big Box Employee,

The financing offered by HD is not financed by HD, but out sourced to companies like Citibank, Visa or Mastercard. You are correct though as it does increase in sales. Dummying down of America I assume. If you feel comfortable in dealing with such more power to ya for at that near minimum wage.

Last edited:
You guys only get 6 months We get a year out here with those offers. When we were building our house. I used those offers all the time. Keep the money in the bank for a year and then paid them. It worked out great. But like Thall said its the people that let it go past the 6 month or year pay off.

Latest posts

Back