Iowa 2015 Fall GTG (October 17, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used my tiny official Stihl screwdriver I got off the table yesterday. Adjust idle speed on MS170.

Meh. That's all you can adjust on them.[emoji20]
7d1ea820f61fda961d135f8680d21cf5.jpg

I haven't sealed the ends on my wood that I milled and have had no issues. I'm sure it is a debate that will cause problems among the ranks. I think if you have it stored in a stead environment it is less of an issue than if it was in an area that has large temp swings.

Sent from somewhere

I replaced the Zama with an adjustable Walbro on another MS170. Downside was I had to drill a hole to adjust idle speed and tweek the throttle and choke linkage to make things work. Not to mention remove the air filter holder to adjust the mixture.
Well, it was a Hong Kong carb..........[emoji6]

I replaced the Zama with an adjustable Walbro on another MS170. Downside was I had to drill a hole to adjust idle speed and tweek the throttle and choke linkage to make things work. Not to mention remove the air filter holder to adjust the mixture.
Well, it was a Hong Kong carb..........[emoji6]
Yep I know! I think it's worth it to have full adjustment though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks again to the hosts Nate & Erica! It was a beautiful day to get together with a bunch of friends and make some chips fly!

Thanks to all the generous people that donated items for the raffle and the other people putting in the extra time and effort to make this happen! I wish life wasn't so busy so I could've made it over Friday night to socialize around the fire, but it was still great catching up with everyone Saturday!

Hope everyone had safe travels on their way back home

Big thanks goin out to Nathan and Carl(millermodsaws)and whoever else had anything to do with the prize saw.
I will get a better report when i get some more run time on it.

I think a good time was had by all.
Couldnt have ask for a better day,it was wonderful.

Latest posts

Back