Makita taking over Dolmar brand in the USA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I think it is still proving that the 6100 has better fuel milage than all the rest. See how much better the 6100 is on fuel then those wistful environmental hating huskies. Lol
Huskies just waist so much fuel who would want to carry all that extra weight of fuel needed.
Lol
Poke poke:chainsaw: :laughing:
Prius owners use the same argument..:baaa:

We were not talking about the 6100....
Well obviously you like picking out certain aspects to prove your campain. So either we are comparing apples to apples(f.e. comparing the new versions of 60cc saws) or following your stupidity in bringing up whatever you like (like comparing a ten year old design to the new 60cc versions of husqvarna or stihl). Kind of like Husqvarna are all junk saws because the first few years the electronic carb was a disaster... You obviously like being some kind of numbskull.
So if one leaves your route of strange ways and keeps chronology in perspection, Dolmar had with the 7900 saw THE major player in the field at it's time and neither Stihl nor Husqvarna had anything that was in it's league if you consider power to weight. And there are enough pros out there that never had your problems of some idiots running over your equipment and running succesfully their saws for a few years.

Well obviously you like picking out certain aspects to prove your campain. So either we are comparing apples to apples(f.e. comparing the new versions of 60cc saws) or following your stupidity in bringing up whatever you like (like comparing a ten year old design to the new 60cc versions of husqvarna or stihl). Kind of like Husqvarna are all junk saws because the first few years the electronic carb was a disaster... You obviously like being some kind of numbskull.
So if one leaves your route of strange ways and keeps chronology in perspection, Dolmar had with the 7900 saw THE major player in the field at it's time and neither Stihl nor Husqvarna had anything that was in it's league if you consider power to weight. And there are enough pros out there that never had your problems of some idiots running over your equipment and running succesfully their saws for a few years.

There never were a disaster, just a few bad Zama carbs and some users that didn't care to look in the manual.

However, you could always say that it wasn't a good choice to leave the design of new carbs to Zama (that btw is owned by Stihl).

Bwalker has never been a numbskull, but rather a "straight shooter". If you agree with him or not is up to you - I don't always myself, but value his views anyway.

Your right that is a really stupid argument almost as dumb as arguing one .1 kg or .1kw or .1 horse power.
:innocent:

agree.

of more interest are the bsfc (fuel consumption) numbers. not talking about the difference in a few tablespoons of fuel here.

those specs can tell you other things related to the motor, such as power/torque/bmep curves and efficiency. i have interest in those.

they are all just motors with chains to me, and could give a frog what anyone decides to chose brand wise.

So, somewhat on topic.

I actually do own a Makita tool, drill and impact gun, they are white, probably why I did not remember them.

Did enjoy the fellow in the blue shirt trying to market red chainsaws.

Makita used to market a line of consumer grade woodworking tools in red ('70s? '80s?). They were not as good as the blue ones (for real). Like Black and Decker, who had several lines of tools for different markets, from WalMart to Industrial customers - they rebranded their contractor grade line as 'DeWalt'.

Philbert

What do people think of Hilti? I have some Makita white and blue power tools. What do the colors mean?

I have some Makita white power tools. What do the colors mean?
For use in hospital renovations . . .

Hilti was always a 'Pro' grade brand for contractors, like Snap-On for mechanics. Can't say if their Home Depot tools are the same.

Milwaukee is still good, but not the same. Porter Cable and Delta have gone the way of Homelite and McCulloch - a tool in name only (TINA?). Can't just go by the brand name.

Philbert

Makita used to market a line of consumer grade woodworking tools in red ('70s? '80s?). They were not as good as the blue ones (for real). Like Black and Decker, who had several lines of tools for different markets, from WalMart to Industrial customers - they rebranded their contractor grade line as 'DeWalt'.

Philbert

Black and Decker Professional line became Dewalt, used to swapped batteries and parts back and forth to keep them going. Stopped using them after the first total redesign. The BD Pro screw guns were the only serious local competition for the market dominating Makita 9.6 and 12 volts.

No idea what the colors mean anymore.

Pretty much a crap shoot as far as I am concerned. Hilti makes some first class tools but has made/marketed some serious junk as well. All the companies swing and miss occasionally.

No idea who is making the Hilti saws but the Wacker Neusons look like Dolmars.

For what it is worth Makita owns the nailer/air tech from NNK and when I read Makitas info they own Dolmar. The only people who claim any type of partner ship are Dolmar people.

Hey guys, What I know of as of now is that Makita Corp. Will be handling the distribution of the Dolmar line, As far as i know this just means instead of having different distribution partners like MWE (my distributor) Makita will simply be handling the distribution for all of the U.S. I personally would not be worried about the purty red saws going anywhere...
Im sure there will be some changes but I'm sure it will not be anything drastic. And i agree with the above post saying we should weed out some of the small dealers. I am one f those that should go. I used to sell 4-5 saws a month and now with college and life happening i just don't have the time anymore... Im seriously thinking about buying a new 7910, a 510, and a few other goodies at my dealer pricing and turn in my dealership status for now until life settles down a bit...

Oh BS..I had several 372's a 440, a 460 and the 7900 at the same times. It was barely faster than a 372 and a 460 was closer yet when all were muffler modded. However, I could actually buy parts for a 372 or 460..
And Dolmar has never had a major player because there are so few in use....

Hey guys, What I know of as of now is that Makita Corp. Will be handling the distribution of the Dolmar line, As far as i know this just means instead of having different distribution partners like MWE (my distributor) Makita will simply be handling the distribution for all of the U.S. I personally would not be worried about the purty red saws going anywhere...
Im sure there will be some changes but I'm sure it will not be anything drastic. And i agree with the above post saying we should weed out some of the small dealers. ...... ...

I suspect you are right, and hopefully that puts an end to the liars of Dolmar USA.

:baaa:So only bwalkers experiences are true now? There is a big difference between a 372 and 7900. Ive ran both i must be lying cause he says different. whatever, only he is right and everyone else is wrong. I love how he ignores everything that doesn't agree with him. funniest thing is sawtroll calling him a straight shooter. Hahaha what a joke. Keep up with the circle jerk. Your arms gotta be tired by now...

I feel as long as we have great dealers who embrace the change and back it as well as or better then they have the Dolmar brand it will be just fine. It will probably have some growing pains but that is par for the coarse. But with that said I am glad I got a dolmar branded 6100.

Latest posts

Back