Mn&Wi GTG Pitcures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grandpatractor

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well I think we had a nice turnout for the gtg. Boyd brought a bunch of good donuts of which I think I had the most. We cut a nice truckload of wood to give to an elderly couple that just celebrated their 50th anniversary. It will make a nice gift. We made lots of cookies and lots of chips and sawdust. Had lots of laughs too! I'll get a few pics up now and some more later today.
View attachment 47550
It started out a little foggy.
View attachment 47551
We had Bob,Brad,J-Bob,Chris,Wayne,Jon,Boyd,J.D. and Mike. Tom and Phil showed up after this pic, but just in time for Dinner.lol
View attachment 47552
View attachment 47553
View attachment 47554
We'll see how this looks and I should get some more from logjam.

Looks like you all had a good time, plenty of Equipment to do the job.
love those log spliters. "Manual" :clap:

Looks like a fun time! Sorry I missed it.

Lots of Stihls in attendance, it would seem. Which model was that Mac, a 10-10?

yeah it was a fun time. Grandpatractor and Jonseredjohny put on a great get together. As for the saws, there was many varieties Dolmars, Stihl, Mac, and Jonsereds. Hope I didn't leave anything out.
I think the Mac was Wdchk's not sure the model.
I'm sure he'll let you know. Anyway, a great time and a great bunch of guys.

Lots of Stihls in attendance, it would seem. Which model was that Mac, a 10-10?[/QUOTE]

Yes that is woodchucks 10-10. that old girl just keeps pulling and never bogged down. LogJam's 361 put my 2156 in its place (must have been the operator). Woodchuck may not be online for awhile he was taking the long way home and I think he's stihl trying to find the parts that fell off his 075! Ended up milling with the 7900 for a bit. I gave woodchuck the door prize of a Stihl case and a 020AV (used) in it for coming the farthest.I'm going to wring that dolmar dealer(boyd) for bringing leaving that 7300 here. That thing is way too smooth.Gimmie Gimmie, I need I need!!!:cry:

Hey, all, what a great time, and a big thanks to our host, J.D. and his family, and the dealers for snacks and prizes.

Had the whole herd in attendance, and all performed admirably, even held a recoil clinic.

The Dolmar 7900 lives up to its rep for sure, real nice saw, and the 361 is reeel smooth. The 5100 seems to cut wood and dirt equally well, all kidding aside, it's a real performer, now if only there was a way to straighten out those silly handles.

The milling went well, that oak is slow going, but turned out nice, plaenty of power in the 075, then we tried the 7900 for a few rips, lots of potential in that saw.
By the way, if anyone finds a few torx/allen head bolts in their tire, pm me, they're probably from my saw. :monkey: Now, where is that bottle of loctite?:confused:

The milling went well, that oak is slow going, but turned out nice, plaenty of power in the 075, then we tried the 7900 for a few rips, lots of potential in that saw.
By the way, if anyone finds a few torx/allen head bolts in their tire, pm me, they're probably from my saw. :monkey: Now, where is that bottle of loctite?:confused:

I'll have to send my two youngest girls out there fishing in the sawdust with a magnet and give them a buck for each one they find:laugh:

A big thanks to JD for getting this together, and to his wife for a great meal.
I had fun with the 5100 and the 7900 is real smooth but getting to saw with a WILD THING was surely the days highlight. I have no urge to do any milling though. I am a little jealous of someone who has machines to move and split wood and room to work with wood.
Thanks JD

A big thanks to JD for getting this together, and to his wife for a great meal.
I had fun with the 5100 and the 7900 is real smooth but getting to saw with a WILD THING was surely the days highlight. I have no urge to do any milling though. I am a little jealous of someone who has machines to move and split wood and room to work with wood.
Thanks JD

Your welcome Wayne, you made it more fun. I kinda liked that 038 ya brought with too.

Latest posts

Back