MS 500i Backorder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can’t imagine burying a 36” into Eucalyptus with this saw, sorry. Even with full skip.
i e only had a chance to cut 25” logs so far…28”, skip which was what came on it when I got it.
Not much eucalyptus around these parts…I’m mostly hitting year or two dead standing red and white oaks from 2 to 4 feet’ish….

have you upgraded the suspension? You’ll chuckle when you see the handle/frame bushings….

Just a barkbox and the WCS suspension. I really can’t speak highly enough of the suspension mod…i ran the 36“ for a while with the factory suspension and had to hunt down a solution, it was that bad. It really is a completely different saw now.
I'm not familiar with suspension mods at all.
Any links to the parts, pics, writeups?

Absolutely and ported, they're fantastic. Stock, they're just a bit low on power and not snappy. I mean, the squish is .060" from the factory, and the exhaust is very restrictive, among other things porting takes care of. That said, it's an incredibly simple and clean design, very well made. I'd say out of the box, it would run with a 372, but not near as quick to spool up.
Which 372 :).
And how's the handling compare?
Good to know! The Bozeman store has damn near 10 462c on the shelf
So 9 of them :laughing:. Sorry bud, I couldn't resist.
Hope all is well out your way.

The advice I got was to check the more city type hardware stores with Stihl dealerships. The legit Stihl dealers in logging country will be cleaned out in a hurry and even have a waiting list, but a city hardware store is less likely to have had their stock discovered. That's how I got lucky, finding mine.

The advice I got was to check the more city type hardware stores with Stihl dealerships. The legit Stihl dealers in logging country will be cleaned out in a hurry and even have a waiting list, but a city hardware store is less likely to have had their stock discovered. That's how I got lucky, finding mine.
Thanks.

Our local shops don't have any. The only pro saw i've seen this year in stock anywhere is 261CM's and 362CMS. and some 400's.
Which is good because i've been feeling under the weather with C.A.D lately.

After cutting about 3 cords with the 500i, I finally cleaned the air filter. You won't believe what I found. It was clean, both the filter (okay just a little dirty) and the carb intake which was spotless. There was a thread that got over responded to, that Stihl should be ashamed at the air filtration being such a bad design. OMG, mine was clean. How is this possible?

https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/stihl-should-be-ashamed-of-themselves.357516/
Montana,
Where do you have your chain oil adjuster set at?

Back