My new crack head ghetto saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point, I'll just step out of this. I have no love for anyone that would knowingly want to buy stolen property so they can profit. Doesn't need my bad wishes, he'll get whats coming to him eventually...

+1. I'll stand with ya man. The only thing Greg has wrong is his attitude about it. In no way does he know the saw to be stolen. But it does bother me that he doesn't care. What bothers me more than that is those of you finding fault with TT. I suppose that's Gregs decision on how he feels about what he does, but those of you making fun of someone trying to stand for what's right...?

Reactions: bml
but those of you making fun of someone trying to stand for what's right...?

I agree Brad.

No need fore the douche comments and such....

voicing opinion as part of life but when people get into name calling and violence its dumb and not worth it.

+1. I'll stand with ya man. The only thing Greg has wrong is his attitude about it. In no way does he know the saw to be stolen. But it does bother me that he doesn't care. What bothers me more than that is those of you finding fault with TT. I suppose that's Gregs decision on how he feels about what he does, but those of you making fun of someone trying to stand for what's right...?

I agree 100%

This thread is a wonderful example of the why, who and how crime and violence expands over a society. Everybody complains but they are always willing to excuse their own personal gains because they can.

At least he did not buy a firearm in this particular scenario. However it is enlightening to see how many of you would have. May you reap what you sow, times ten over.

In case you are curious, I walk away from deals like that all year long, every time it does not feel right. Stop helping criminals or just man up and do the thieving yourself.

People stop being pathetic, it is just a saw, car , gun whatever.

Awesome post. Couldn't agree more. Especially as one who has had at least 10 saw stolen in about 5 incidents over the years.

This thread, otherwise, is way overboard.

This thread is stupid. I think everybody should get over it. He isnt running the numbers, and he is gonna cut wood with it. Its his decision, not ours. All this "well I would do this.....or I would do that....." What a bunch of crap. I hope we all find a "crack head ghetto saw" just to see us put action to our empty words.

The issues here have nothing to do with it being in Gary Indiana.

1. the price was less than half of market value
  2. the item is a professional tool in the hands of someone who has never ran a saw
  3. there were drugs involved
  4. the buyer himself says he thinks the tools he bought were stolen

Those factors have zilch to do with racial profiling.

im not siding with anyone but everyone seems to be speculating alot,we are assuming its a crack house simply by gary's decription(has anyone varified this is a known crackhouse?) he didnt even see any drugs,simply alot of people coming and going(back in the day when i ran the car show/stereo circuit,if someone had a place every one hung out there!)

now for these 1) how much value does any item drop after it leaves the store?
2) so if i bought a fender stratocaster then fell on hard times and sold it would that be questioned,how does someone start a profetional trade or hobby without profesional tools or items?
3) he never actually seen drugs just assumed as is every one else on here.

4)havent you every "stole" a new car by getting a better mark down,or do you say "im sorry im honest i can only pay whats aon the sticker." and what the buyer said is simply an opinion.

im not siding with anyone but everyone seems to be speculating alot,we are assuming its a crack house simply by gary's decription(has anyone varified this is a known crackhouse?) he didnt even see any drugs,simply alot of people coming and going(back in the day when i ran the car show/stereo circuit,if someone had a place every one hung out there!)

now for these 1) how much value does any item drop after it leaves the store?
2) so if i bought a fender stratocaster then fell on hard times and sold it would that be questioned,how does someone start a profetional trade or hobby without profesional tools or items?
3) he never actually seen drugs just assumed as is every one else on here.

4)havent you every "stole" a new car by getting a better mark down,or do you say "im sorry im honest i can only pay whats aon the sticker." and what the buyer said is simply an opinion.

His description is all we have to go by.

I think he just really should have reported a good deal without the crackhead ghetto spin he put on the thread. If he had left that out this would have been a completely different thread altogether.

I do not in any way shape or form condone knowingly buying stolen goods.

I think he just really should have reported a good deal without the crackhead ghetto spin he put on the thread. If he had left that out this would have been a completely different thread altogether.

:agree2:

I think Greg knew exactly what he was doing. I can't say I haven't ever said something just to see everyones reaction.:greenchainsaw:

I would not have bought that saw. As soon as I drove up to a place that resembled a crack house I would hit the gas and keep on moving. If you go into a place like that with cash in your pocket and they know you've got cash in your pocket because you're there to buy a $300.00 saw you don't know if you'll walk away or not. There have been people killed for a lot less. A cheap saw is not worth my life to me.

Good deals do happen. My brother bought a working and in good shape Fender Super Reverb a few weeks back at a yard sale for $30.00.

+2.

The reason we keep going around in circles is a reading comprehension issue.

No-one is saying the saw definitely is stolen goods, so all the posts pointing out that we don't know whether or not it was are wasted bandwidth.

Space was merely pointing out the legal hazards of making questionable purchases when people started jumping on him. Normally we call that being helpful.

Beyond that, the thread has degraded into a back and forth between 2 camps. One camp that figures <i>someone</i> is getting a deal, so it might as well be them, and the other camp that would rather miss out on a deal than create a market for stolen goods.

The first camp doesn't believe the second camp actually has the courage of their convictions, and the second has trouble believing the first camp exists.

Awwwwwwwwww look at em

I thought when they took Jimmy Swaggart off TV he was gone. I see he is all over this thread in many different forms,LOLOLOL

Naw, had to be a joke.....

Hey 2k listen up, I'm coming to you to confess. I took a old junker TS700 concrete saw and rebuilt the thing. It had a busted piston and bad bearings. Man said forget it and left it. I put new bearings in it, new cylinder and piston, now runs like a el champo now. Instead of selling it we're gonna use it as rental saw at the store at the tune of 80.00 a day. It should last at least a 100 rentals providing we maintain the filters for the customers. At 80.00 a rental we're gonna pocket about $8000.00 off it. If it blows I'll rebuild it again and make another $8000.00 off it. It blows again I'll rebuild it again and make another $8000.00 off it. We got 300.00 in it, same as Greg paid for that ghetto crack saw. Who is the bigger crook, me, Greg, the crack dealer or the free market? :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Hey 2k listen up, I'm coming to you to confess. I took a old junker TS700 conrete saw and rebuilt the thing. It had a busted piston and bad bearings. Man said forget it and left it. I put new bearings in it, new cylinder and piston, now runs like a el champo now. Instead of selling it we're gonna use it as rental saw at the store at the tune of 80.00 a day. If should last at least a 100 rentals providing we maintain the filters for the customers. At 80.00 a rental we're gonna pocket about $8000.00 off it. If it blows I'll rebuild it again and make another $8000.00 off it. It blows again I'll rebuild it again and make another $8000.00 off it. We got 300.00 in it, same as Greg paid for that ghetto crack saw. Who is the bigger crook, me, Greg, the crack dealer or the free market? :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Sounds good! I would have done the same thing, much better than putting a brand new TS800 on the floor to rent.:dizzy: None of the renters are going to care for it anyway.

Now I can think of a few different names for ya other than crook.:D:D

Sounds good! I would have done the same thing, much better than putting a brand new TS800 on the floor to rent.:dizzy: None of the renters are going to care for it anyway.

Now I can think of a few different names for ya other than crook.:D:D

Different names, oh you mean GENIUS. Thankya, thankya very much,hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back