Oil mix ratio.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Interesting that they recommend E10 but not premium/high octane fuel. Also that both their oil offerings are semi-synthetic.
At one point in time Husky manuals for the same product would recommend either 32:1 or 50:1 depending on what part of the world you were in.

I wonder if the wornout main bearings and cylinder/ piston scoring is due to not enough oil? Bigger cc’s, more heat from longer bars. Has all the factors combined.

Read the part from husky I posted, or I wouldn’t of posted just an oil thread. Changing the oil ratio.

Read the part from husky I posted, or I wouldn’t of posted just an oil thread. Changing the oil ratio.
Yeah back in the day oil ratio's became more fat the bigger the displacement . 32:1 125 cc , 20:1 250cc & 16:1 500 cc , this was in motorcycle racing scenerio,s were the belief that more horsepower could be realized due to better ring sealing via the extra oil . However with todays better synthetic oil i think were discussing environmental politics vs actual engine mortality ! ;)

Currently putting a carb kit, fuel line, and exh. port cleaning on an OLD Earthquake auger. Has a 49cc Tecumseh engine and Tec. fixed jet carb.

Sticker on recoil housing calls for 24:1!!!! 2 ring piston with gobs of compression with no visible wear on intake or exh. side ports. Even the plug has a nice cardboard color with very minor carbon buildup. Surprised the h#ll out of me really!

Im in the 40 to 1 band camp as well. Never thought 50 to 1 was enough but I do find it interesting that husqy reccomends 33 to 1 for 75cc and larger saws. I may have to reconsider my mix ratio....
Got to try and stop them blowing up somehow.

Back