Poulan 25DS?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have the needles in the right holes?The low usually has a sharper point than the high.Will it idle at all?

i just found an oold poulan 25da in ym fathers garage. he said his brother bought it for there father and it was barely used. my father also said that it hasnt been ran in like 10 or so years and gave it to me. it needs a fuel line which will be done tomorro. the saw was bone dry in the tank so im not sure if the carb will need a rebuild or not.

i just found an oold poulan 25da in ym fathers garage. he said his brother bought it for there father and it was barely used. my father also said that it hasnt been ran in like 10 or so years and gave it to me. it needs a fuel line which will be done tomorro. the saw was bone dry in the tank so im not sure if the carb will need a rebuild or not.

Let me know if you need anything
thanks
calvin

I choke it and hold the throttle. It pops right off said:
good post,, lots of info and help,, way to go guys,,,
1 1/4 or so is a place to start with teh carb settings, i found my saw was a little touchy to get set just right after i rebuilt the carb , but once its set right, it runs great,,, get the saw to start and set teh lo and idle speed just right, take small turns on teh screws, and go slow, if teh carb is rebuilt, clean, and assembled in teh right order, it should start and idle good,,, when you have teh lo/idle set,, then set the hi speed,, you may have to go back and tweak teh lo again to get get the carb set perfect,,,, lots of carb tuning threads on here, and the walbro site is very good,,,
good luck...

I think it's an air leak...

i hope not, but if it doesn't slow down with teh throttle, thats probably what it is,, is teh saw in overall good condition, or pretty beat? also, did you have trouble getting teh fuel line in? could it have gotten damaged while you were installing it? is teh fuel filter staying submerged?,, just a couple more thoughts..

i hope not, but if it doesn't slow down with teh throttle, thats probably what it is,, is teh saw in overall good condition, or pretty beat? also, did you have trouble getting teh fuel line in? could it have gotten damaged while you were installing it? is teh fuel filter staying submerged?,, just a couple more thoughts..

The fuel line went in pretty good. The saw is pretty beat (paint missing, dings etc). I think it would be a fun little saw but I have to rip it all the way down. The throttle has no effect once it is running. I t just winds up like banshee.

The fuel line went in pretty good. The saw is pretty beat (paint missing, dings etc). I think it would be a fun little saw but I have to rip it all the way down. The throttle has no effect once it is running. I t just winds up like banshee.

yep, its probably got a leak somewhere,, if its pretty beat, maybe teh seals are leaking... well, good luck with it, it is a fun saw,, mine was almost new when i found it, and i used it for firewood for a year or so before i got bigger saws...

Back