Recommended Saws to Sell...Besides Stihl or Husqvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think solo makes a great product. However when I wanted a 656 I coudn't justify the 650+ my local dealer wanted when I could get a dolmar 5100 for 380ish. I bought the dolmar, really wanted the solo.

:agree2:
and I beleive that Dolmar makes Solo, either would be a great choice.:cheers:

Dolmar made the 694, but not sure if they still do. Solo builds all of their own saws, original development was a joint venture with Dolmar and Solo. Dolmar backed out and now they have separate saws.

yeah sorry, i meant jonsered, my bad got a biit mixed up ,your in the right.
Dolmar and jonsered are different saws and totally different companys
sorry dont hate me :(

HAHA! I don't hate ya, just trying to get it straight. You wouldn't believe some of the incorrect stuff people post here that they think it true.

:cheers:

Dolmar made the 694, but not sure if they still do. Solo builds all of their own saws, original development was a joint venture with Dolmar and Solo. Dolmar backed out and now they have separate saws.

Thank you for the info.:cheers:

I worked part time a couple years in a small engine shop in the early 90's. They had been a McCulloch dealer for decades and later added Poulan and Sachs-Dolmar. About the same time I started they added Stihl. About a year later the owner told me he never sold near as many saws in a year before he took on Stihl.
I believe Dolmar could be a good start, but if you want to sell a lot of new saws, Stihl would be the 1. Around here I've seen Husky dealers come and go.
If you focus on service ($60+ an hour 2 of 3 Stihl dealers I checked) and some internet sales mabe you can do good with 1 or more of the others. Echo may not be the best of everything but they seem to carry a reliable reputation . Echo and Dolmar could get you rolling then mabe you can buy out a Stihl dealer.
I like seeing the other brand dealers also but for profits selling they might work better as a supplement to your main menu IMO.
dolmar & echo would be a good start!i know in my area,alot of guys want to try dolmar,but no good dealers to back them up.i want a 7900 bad,but would not have a clue where to buy it within 50mi. ?

dolmar & echo would be a good start!i know in my area,alot of guys want to try dolmar,but no good dealers to back them up.i want a 7900 bad,but would not have a clue where to buy it within 50mi. ?

Look up Frys small engine near Topeka. Little Amish shop with the full dolmar line and good guys to talk saws with. Just don't let 'em talk smack about stihl or husky without you tossing it back lol!!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Heinhold & Feller stores in Valporaiso and LaCrosse and there is a rental shop in Rennsalaer that sell Dolmar. I don't know how good their service is 1 way or the other.

Look up Frys small engine near Topeka. Little Amish shop with the full dolmar line and good guys to talk saws with. Just don't let 'em talk smack about stihl or husky without you tossing it back lol!!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I know where you are talking about, up there on 5 on the way to Shipsee, I passed it that day I was coming up to Shipsee to see you. I thought about stopping in that day, and thought I didn't need to spend any more money.:cheers:

If you could find out more information from each proposed company, regarding marketing stipulations and distribution center requirements (unit per order/year). This may be a factor for stocking, ordering saws and parts. This has kept some brand names off shop shelves and out of customer hands.

You also need to look at what market your after. Some think quality is a name not the model.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back