Thinking about another saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMB

Addicted to ArboristSite
Starting to get the "get another saw" itch - but as it goes - I don't really need one :laugh: . IF I heed to my "want", I'm interested in one more saw - smaller than my 260 or bigger than my 970 (71cc). I can't see really ever needing a bigger saw in the near future, but could need a smaller saw for trail clearing and light yard use. My question is will I find a MS170/017, MS180/018 (or ECHO CS305, CS346) size saw to be not much different than my 260? Will 20cc's be noticable? Anybody that has a 30cc and 50cc saw that could offer their opinion?

Kevin

computeruser

computeruser

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Ask CaseyForrest. http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=33258.

I think that you sure would notice the difference between the small saws and the 260. Whether that means that you don't need a small saw, that's hard to say. I have an 026Pro and a little 30cc Echo and find that I use the little Echo a lot. Your experiences and needs may differ, but I can certainly see the point in having a small Echo or 170/180 around.

coveredinsap

coveredinsap

Addicted to ArboristSite
KMB said:
Starting to get the "get another saw" itch - but as it goes - I don't really need one :laugh: . IF I heed to my "want", I'm interested in one more saw - smaller than my 260 or bigger than my 970 (71cc). I can't see really ever needing a bigger saw in the near future, but could need a smaller saw for trail clearing and light yard use. My question is will I find a MS170/017, MS180/018 (or ECHO CS305, CS346) size saw to be not much different than my 260? Will 20cc's be noticable? Anybody that has a 30cc and 50cc saw that could offer their opinion?

Kevin

The little saws are sweet. You'll find yourself reaching for it more and more once you've got one. The rest of your saws won't like it, though :)

KMB

Addicted to ArboristSite
computeruser said:
Ask CaseyForrest. http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=33258.

I think that you sure would notice the difference between the small saws and the 260. Whether that means that you don't need a small saw, that's hard to say. I have an 026Pro and a little 30cc Echo and find that I use the little Echo a lot. Your experiences and needs may differ, but I can certainly see the point in having a small Echo or 170/180 around.

Thanks for the link to that thread. I had read that post earlier, but didn't think to ask him :dizzy:.
Thanks for your experience with the 2 saws. That's what I was looking to hear :). Besides clearing trails in the deer woods and yard work, I would use it for a landscape timber flower bed I'm building for my wife and similar projects. Also a saw to take along on 4-wheeler rides.

Kevin

KMB

Addicted to ArboristSite
coveredinsap said:
The little saws are sweet. You'll find yourself reaching for it more and more once you've got one. The rest of your saws won't like it, though :)

The other saws will get there use. They wouldn't be envious of what the little saw is used for. They would all get their share of TLC :).

Kevin

CaseyForrest

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
. AS Supporting Member.
I do have the 180, and for what it is and costs, it cant be beat! I love it, the only draw back is you will reach for it so much you will use it alot, and its only a homeowner saw. I got to use computerusers 026 this past weekend, I now want one!!! For the minor weight difference, and the fact the 026 has a mag case, Im looking to swap. Or add an 026 to the lineup.

If your looking for a LIGHTLY used 180, w/14" bar and two 3/8 picco rm chains, let me know, we can strike up some kind of deal.

carvinmark

carvinmark

Addicted to ArboristSite
coveredinsap said:
Hay ole cr,sappy,you trying to show me that you know something bout me?Go lay down **** head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul61

Paul61

ArboristSite Guru
coveredinsap said:

That's more like it........good post Sap, no kiddin here. :clap: :clap:

If you'd dump the avitar & sign as a show of respect for others..........you may be able to carry on here without hassle ..........guess we'll see :popcorn::popcorn:

coveredinsap

coveredinsap

Addicted to ArboristSite
Paul61 said:
That's more like it........good post Sap, no kiddin here. :clap: :clap:

If you'd dump the avitar & sign as a show of respect for others..........you may be able to carry on here without hassle ..........guess we'll see :popcorn::popcorn:

Tell you what...because you asked nicely, I'll give it a whirl and see how it plays out.

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
coveredinsap said:
Tell you what...because you asked nicely, I'll give it a whirl and see how it plays out.

Well I'll be durn Sap, ya got rid of that insulting avaitar and looking at your posts there it seems you decided to talk saws in general, good for you. So good in fact that if you don't mention my name anymore I won't mention yours, hows that for a deal?

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
lovetheoutdoors said:
I feel the friendship in the air!!!!:cheers:

Well my friend there comes a time in everyones life when its best bury the hatchet and act like you got some sense for a change. True its kinda boring and dull but we all need a break now and then and really act like uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grown ups durn it, no fun but needed at times. Sorta like the calm before the storm don'tcha know................

lovetheoutdoors

lovetheoutdoors

Addicted to ArboristSite
THALL10326 said:
Well my friend there comes a time in everyones life when its best bury the hatchet and act like you got some sense for a change. True its kinda boring and dull but we all need a break now and then and really act like uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grown ups durn it, no fun but needed at times. Sorta like the calm before the storm don'tcha know................

I agree with that!!!!!!!!!!

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
Paul61 said:
Way to go :clap: :clap:
Welcome back
:cheers:

I agree Paul. Always best to try and get along. Heck one time I was in a "Napa" parts store one time and this guy was blowing smoke. After he left everyone in the store was talking about him. Sometimes its good to think what others think. Makes you a better person I say....

Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
THALL10326 said:
I agree Paul. Always best to try and get along. Heck one time I was in a "Napa" parts store one time and this guy was blowing smoke. After he left everyone in the store was talking about him. Sometimes its good to think what others think. Makes you a better person I say....

I heard from a guy in that store that that it nearly turned into a knife fight! Only cool-headedness and a little shyness prevailed, and it all turned out for the best.

Monkeyhanger

Monkeyhanger

ArboristSite Guru
Hi,

does this mean that the forum is back to it's good old friendly self again? Are the flames from and against Sap really gone now?

If so then this is good news!

Well, it looks like Sap is coming back off my ignore list (the first person I have ever put on ignore in any forum).

Bye