What Saw(s) Should I Get?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Run one and then talk to me about if it's a need. Lol.

Oh I know it's all about want not a need. Just didn't think you would succumb to the modded saw hysteria.

I may have to join the modded saw crowd too. My Makita 6401 is a freaking heavy pig. Cuts great and is a smooth runner though.

I think someone must have posted something inappropriate that is not longer there. Wish I got to see it! Oh well.

It is my B'Day and I'm having a good day. In addition to what I planned (like going to the range) I ran into two old friends that I did not expect to see, and it was great seeing both of them.

And my Sugi Hara bar was delivered (what timing), and I'm looking forward to going out to dinner with my brother.

Been a while since I did not worry about any to-do lists!

I may have to join the modded saw crowd too. My Makita 6401 is a freaking heavy pig. Cuts great and is a smooth runner though.
Just toss a 85cc bbk on it and be done...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think a ported 372 or 044/440 would be the most useful due to the lower wt, closely followed by the 046/460/461/7900 group. 576 is a very nice saw, but heavy, as are all the larger saws, which IMO are great for bucking, but not for general use.

372s are known to respond well to porting, and you know how strong a ported 044 can run.

Back