"You Suck" Thread 2016--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work on the CAD! Hillbilly hoarding estate sale, wow lucky man!

Oh you don't even know. It was crazy. I'm still in shock and awe. I'll have to post a thread on it. Little old homelites n such hiding everywhere. a couple acres, floor to ceiling, barely a path. LOL

Oh you don't even know. It was crazy. I'm still in shock and awe. I'll have to post a thread on it. Little old homelites n such hiding everywhere. a couple acres, floor to ceiling, barely a path. LOL

Wow, thanks for saving this saw from the dumpster. I'm sure that's where those homelites are going!

Oh no, I saw the craigslist ad with price eight minutes after it posted and was first to call. Twas an hour half drive there for me and other five people had called on my drive there. That saw wasn't headed towards any scrap yard or dumpster. I got lucky.

This qualifies as a I suck pretty badly! Freebie from a customer. Had foreign object damage to the cylinder and no fuel tank or brake assembly. China cheapie cylinder kit ($9), cylinder gasket delete, and a dual port muffler added... And here she is!

Attachments

• 20161123_194805.jpg
    20161123_194805.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 71
  • received_10209469196939075.jpeg
    received_10209469196939075.jpeg
    32 KB · Views: 77
Went to a friend to inquire if he would rent my neighbor and I a low boy construction trailer as we had to move an 8,500 lb steel beam from my house to his place just around the corner. He told me he had an old trailer he was going to trash, we could use it for free. When he dropped it off I was surprised at the condition. He told me he had just bought a new trailer for his excavator, and his wife wanted it off their place by first snow. He sold it to me for $200. It's 18 foot, 6 ton, 4 new tires, deck in very good shape. Needs work on one spring and some minor brake work. It easily handled the beam (36 ft long).
4b7a95163dfe517803108460f97ac2b9.jpg
bde232b20096b680e10641de65ccbb22.jpg

This is going to move lots of firewood in the future...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to a friend to inquire if he would rent my neighbor and I a low boy construction trailer as we had to move an 8,500 lb steel beam from my house to his place just around the corner. He told me he had an old trailer he was going to trash, we could use it for free. When he dropped it off I was surprised at the condition. He told me he had just bought a new trailer for his excavator, and his wife wanted it off their place by first snow. He sold it to me for $200. It's 18 foot, 6 ton, 4 new tires, deck in very good shape. Needs work on one spring and some minor brake work. It easily handled the beam (36 ft long).

I think thats the best score this year!! Very Nice.
BBB

I'll help you double your money on it right now ;)

Thats a HUGE score right there. What timing, if you asked any later he would of said he took to the scrap yard.

Thats a HUGE score right there. What timing, if you asked any later he would of said he took to the scrap yard.
I really do believe that everything happens for a reason. When my friend delivered the trailer the next morning, he saw the expression on my face and asked me what was wrong. I told him I expected to see a POS, ready for the grave trailer, not one in this fine shape. He said he decided to buy a new unit because of all the work and equipment he uses (he installs septic systems and other excavation work). This trailer had been sitting on their property until his wife gave him the "get rid of it" speech! I was at the right place, right time!

I bought it, and I'll title and register it. John, the buddy who needed the beam, will store it at his place and will have use it as needed. Another neighbor, Greg, is a member of local 825 Operating Engineers, and is a wiz at mechanics. He'll do the maintenance / repair work, and outfit our trucks with the necessary brake / lighting systems. He, too, will have free use when needed.

And the three of us burn firewood, and have started looking to purchase log loads to pick up.

We is going to have some fun I betcha!

20161119_112955.jpg
I thought the husky was exploded. Turned out to be the drum froze to the clutch due to poor maintenance. The 031 popped off on choke and that was all the time I had for it. The middle one is a 310 with minimal use. Me thinks it fell off a moving truck. Runs like a new saw. I had to give $100 for the 3. I've since replaced all of the plastic on the 310 for an additional $50.

I liked my 310, did a quick MM and retuned and it performed real well. Then I sold it when I got my 441.

I liked my 310, did a quick MM and retuned and it performed real well. Then I sold it when I got my 441.
I had an 029S that i did a MM to and liked real well. I may keep this but the potential for extra $$ around the holidays has me thinking I probably won't. I've been trying to clean house because otd my living situation. That being said in the last month I've sold 3 saws ave acquired 6! lol!

Joseph

Latest posts

Back