"You Suck" Thread 2018--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
s-l1600.jpg

These are all cheapo but they were free! My church had gotten them (one or two were donated) some years back to do a project. They've been sitting ever since.

3 saws. At the least maybe I'll get two free chainsaw cases!

B72B8DC7-B1A3-422E-96F9-FF1E120234D8.jpeg

Poulan 2055
3F8A1789-5267-4870-8914-07935F125B3D.jpeg

Poulan 3416
5BC68177-D0CA-47E7-ACFB-10C903DC3F67.jpeg

Poulan 2775
FC577D4D-2FC6-4306-8A68-8804B6B0732D.jpeg

So now I have 5 saws (all given to me for free), 0 running... Hoping to change that tonight....

These are all cheapo but they were free! My church had gotten them (one or two were donated) some years back to do a project. They've been sitting ever since.

3 saws. At the least maybe I'll get two free chainsaw cases!

View attachment 645735

Poulan 2055
View attachment 645733

Poulan 3416
View attachment 645734

Poulan 2775
View attachment 645736

So now I have 5 saws (all given to me for free), 0 running... Hoping to change that tonight....
I was up in a tree and asked my BIL to send my climbing saw up to me. I had all of my gear staged under the tree so everything would be ready. I look up and he's on the back of the truck. I yell what are doing. He yells back, trying to get your saw. Is this case bolted to the bed, I can't lift it? I yell back no, the saw is over here, the case is full of my logging chains. Best use of Poulan cases, throw the saws away and keep the case for other stuff. Just kidding. Back in the 70's Poulan made some fantastic saws. Now they are like my beloved Homelites, just another box store special. But the price is right, and getting them running is half the fun. They will still cut, so you get a "you suck" from me, Joe.

2 of them ran with just dumping out the old gas. I should've tried the little one with just that but it's fuel lines broke just looking at it. Between the 3 I'll have a couple cheapo saws and I'll get my bigger ones up and going for heavier stuff.

2 of them ran with just dumping out the old gas. I should've tried the little one with just that but it's fuel lines broke just looking at it. Between the 3 I'll have a couple cheapo saws and I'll get my bigger ones up and going for heavier stuff.

If they used E-10 mix they will likely fade functionality eventually. Bad carb kits and fuel lines are the indicator along with swollen tight fuel caps.
NO-E gas/mix will usually stay good for quite a long time.
Otherwise 3 freebees, yeah you suck

how bout a mac 10-10 and a Husqvarna 372xp oe with case both run garage sale find $110 cash :surprised3:...for both...said he take a little less if I bought both ..but I already felt like thief ;)

Attachments

• 20180414_135314_resized.jpg
    20180414_135314_resized.jpg
    888 KB · Views: 56
  • 20180414_135310_resized.jpg
    20180414_135310_resized.jpg
    986.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 20180414_114323_resized.jpg
    20180414_114323_resized.jpg
    531.7 KB · Views: 51
One very clean, very low hour Poulan 2775 Farmhand that works perfectly. Came with one spare chain and one very dusty (but otherwise perfect) Poulan case. I know, I know, it's not a Stihl or a Husky, but I thought it was worth $25

View attachment 646849 View attachment 646850
You did OK. If I can pick up 2 more big yellow saws, I'll have more Macs than Stihls. Don't have any Husky's and not looking. I'm old so I like the old American stuff, Joe.

One very clean, very low hour Poulan 2775 Farmhand that works perfectly. Came with one spare chain and one very dusty (but otherwise perfect) Poulan case. I know, I know, it's not a Stihl or a Husky, but I thought it was worth $25

Looks like you did pretty good. Ive been working on a 2.8ci 2900 which looks the same as yours with out the brake. Started acting up after a little use (with NOE mix), so now suspecting E-10 poisoning. New carb kit helped but now rolling it on the sides drastically affects idle so I suspect dieing crank seals. Good luck with yours

Was just given one of these as well (posted higher in this thread). I accidentally broke the flywheel but got a new one for $6 on eBay. Just need to throw a sprocket, bar, and chain on it and hoping to be good. Kindve expect the fuel lines to disintegrate on me but that's an easy fix. I'm thinking only putting a 18" on mine.

Visit with a friend to his other chain saw buddy's house. Very generous and gave me two saws.
I chose an XL12 which I believe to be a 58cc SXLAO auto oiler only, without the often dealer added manual option.
[photo=medium]5146[/photo]

Next was a nice 306A Poulan.
[photo=medium]5144[/photo]

see more pix in my gallery

Visit with a friend to his other chain saw buddy's house. Very generous and gave me two saws.
I chose an XL12 which I believe to be a 58cc SXLAO auto oiler only, without the often dealer added manual option.
[photo=medium]5146[/photo]

Next was a nice 306A Poulan.
[photo=medium]5144[/photo]

see more pix in my gallery
Dave, I love pretty much the whole XL family, especially the XL12 and bigger. When I started working for my Dad in the early 70's, he always had the manual pump added because he didn't trust the auto oilers only yet. Is the SXLAO desirable for rarity? I still like the thumb pump on my big saws. I like that Poulan too! Looks like one of the real ones, Joe.

This one was a pretty decent deal, but, unfortunately it was bought for a bad reason. Lost my shop and house in a fire with all of my saws on the 25th of last month.
I finally was able to get out of a hotel yesterday, and my temporary place has wood heat, lots of wood but most of it was 8 foot.
Went I to my Stihl/Husky dealer with intentions of maybe picking up a MS250 but this beauty was sitting on the floor on consignment.
One owner, purchased new from the same dealer, owner was an older gentleman who was finding it was getting too heavy for him.
$350CAD($275US) with a new chain and a trip through the shop, carb kit, fuel line and filter, and a not bad tune.
0e320155ed84a3289f976cdda2409765.jpg
cf924383457b45bc94a48d7797a9516c.jpg

SNIP
Is the SXLAO desirable for rarity?
I still like the thumb pump on my big saws.
I like that Poulan too! Looks like one of the real ones, Joe.

I've only recently started paying a bit more attention to the auto oiler feature on the Homelites. I find it curious that the XL12 went so long without them ALL being produced as AO. I have a lot of "antiques" that are manual oilers only. Unfortunately I am not skilled as to proper use, I'd need a lot more practice...Out of over 60 saws my husky 2100CD is the ONLY one that is both AO and supplemental manual.

My very first new saw was 1980 micro super XXV deluxe and still runs great today. The poulan 306 is very nice cosmetic condition and fired on prime. I AM a Poulan fan but I am also disheartened with the decline and controlled death of Poulan under foreign ownership. But just as disheartened with US government/ farmer subsities and regulations to E-10 poison my fleet of machinery ...chainsaws, O*P*E, my motorcycles, and 2 lotus'... 67 Elan S3 SE coupe and 69 Elan +2.

I've only recently started paying a bit more attention to the auto oiler feature on the Homelites. I find it curious that the XL12 went so long without them ALL being produced as AO. I have a lot of "antiques" that are manual oilers only. Unfortunately I am not skilled as to proper use, I'd need a lot more practice...Out of over 60 saws my husky 2100CD is the ONLY one that is both AO and supplemental manual.

My very first new saw was 1980 micro super XXV deluxe and still runs great today. The poulan 306 is very nice cosmetic condition and fired on prime. I AM a Poulan fan but I am also disheartened with the decline and controlled death of Poulan under foreign ownership. But just as disheartened with US government/ farmer subsities and regulations to E-10 poison my fleet of machinery ...chainsaws, O*P*E, my motorcycles, and 2 lotus'... 67 Elan S3 SE coupe and 69 Elan +2.
Cool cars too. I've always been into the big cube Mopar muscle. I only have my 68 Cuda Convertible left, and it's in ten thousand pieces, Joe.

Back