Common man looking for a chainsaw on a budget

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will a stilh blade work on a poulan 050 3/8 114dl if #s Mach up?

You have to have the correct bar mount number. There are at least two old poulan 3 foot bar mounts, d176, and d009 (husky large mount) the stihl will have larger bar stud slot, so could need adapters. Drivelink count usually goes by what is on the bar.

Got my second carb tool today, the H and L screws were fine but it still wouldn't start. Dialed them all of the way in and then one turn out, no luck. Nothing worked.

You have to have the correct bar mount number. There are at least two old poulan 3 foot bar mounts, d176, and d009 (husky large mount) the stihl will have larger bar stud slot, so could need adapters. Drivelink count usually goes by what is on the bar.
Where's could I get said adapters?

I bought it from *****************, it's w/in their 90 day warranty. I'll keep on troubleshooting until I hear back from them.

Might want to pull the muffler off and look at the piston. Mine would start after giving it a shot of carburetor cleaner either before I decided to tear it down.

Latest posts

Back