Common man looking for a chainsaw on a budget

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look for scoring on the piston,I gave mine a spray to see if it would start, it didn't even try and that's what happened to mine.

Well gents, it's going into my local dealer for free warranty work first thing tomorrow morning. The vendor sent me a troubleshooting sheet that covered adjustments to the carb so I'm good there, they can't say I did anything wrong. If the vendor balks at repair or replacement, PayPal has my back.

Still fixated on another saw but my riding mower dying this evening hurts that. At least my Husky 150BT blower worked wonderfully and was a pleasure to use today.

And my riding mower just went... Expensive month.
I have adapters for D009 and D176 to stihl mount but there are variances in stud spacing on those 2 mounts so measure your stud diameter and spacing. Then shoot me a PM and I will check to see if they will work

Got my second carb tool today, the H and L screws were fine but it still wouldn't start. Dialed them all of the way in and then one turn out, no luck. Nothing worked.
Doesn't sound right! Modern carbs are more around 1,5 -2 turns out. But smarter people than me will know that better.

Doesn't sound right! Modern carbs are more around 1,5 -2 turns out. But smarter people than me will know that better.

I understand that but that was my starting point and it used to start there. I was actually 2.5 and 1.5 for H and L respectively when "tuned" and I tried those settings as well.

Well gents, it's going into my local dealer for free warranty work first thing tomorrow morning. The vendor sent me a troubleshooting sheet that covered adjustments to the carb so I'm good there, they can't say I did anything wrong. If the vendor balks at repair or replacement, PayPal has my back.

Every Poulan warranty authorized dealer within driving distance needs the saw for 2-4 weeks to diagnose. The dealer I went to in person this morning described a long and painful process to get Poulan to authorize a fix as well (after the diagnosis). I told the vendor that I want a return or an exchange. Given their response time last night, I assume I'll hear back from them today.

Given what I heard about the Poulan warranty process from my local dealer this morning, I don't think the Poulan warranty is a good selling point for lowly homeowners such as myself.

Yeah, still say you should get a less than $20 project saw to learn with on a rainy day or some night when nothing's on tv. No saw will run forever without needing something. Plus if it's a poulan pro you will probably end up with a spare bar and chain.

Yeah, still say you should get a less than $20 project saw to learn with on a rainy day or some night when nothing's on tv. No saw will run forever without needing something. Plus if it's a poulan pro you will probably end up with a spare bar and chain.

That's time that could be spent reloading :D I was wondering about possibly adapting the Poulan or the Dolmar to the same chain... I'm running a 16" bar on the Poulan right now.

OK, STOP.

I was draining the oil and fuel in preparation for shipping and saw this line drop out of the oil tank (yes, I'm sure). Please help me ascertain if I should/can fix this myself and skip exchanging it or if I should go ahead and ship it out.

632B5DD9-AF58-4B19-95D4-C2731266E99A_zpsrdg9m8qw.jpg

Gents, I'm not real cool with this development. If you were in my shoes, would you work with the vendor to exchange it for another or would you use the PayPal guarantee to just get a refund?

Back