Stihl prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. Elderly discord mod.

ladies GIF
lol Wtf

These were off Joe's dyno stock for stock 660 395 661 592.

I always ran the 66's for the 2lb PHO dry weight savings myself.

But even the clone farmertec G395 cuts like a oem 395. Under 300 shipped to door PHO

Attachments

• dyno660395661592.png
    dyno660395661592.png
    389.9 KB · Views: 0
  • h395weight.jpg
    h395weight.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 0
  • s660weight.jpg
    s660weight.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 0
  • g3953637520.jpg
    g3953637520.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 0
Anybody reading this thread who has any sense, the dealer has very little to do with the price of saws. Very little margin.
So, blame whoever.
Now, carburetors, ignition modules, that sort of thing... there is some profit.
But, they are not getting rich selling saws.
Can you make sense out of this? This place had a few Husqvarna chop or demo saws, Could not even order chainsaw parts, likely could order a diesel Husqvarna jack hammer compressor that side of the Husqvarna business. How did they recruit them to drop Husqvarna and install a Stihl section?

The next over Stihl location Apex has a walk in parts service door, the next over Stihl location is the largest storefront for a multi site John Deere dealeship that usess the buildig as sort of a warehouse for other storefronts and I have seen both 151 and 881 or the prior ending in 0. You can get parts at a parts counter that does parts of ipl sheets in an experienced way.

If they are not getting a healthy mark up how can they recruit these brand x to switch?
marietta stihl shop.jpg

There was a similar post about this not too long ago and it's crazy to think that we the prices will not revert back to the way before pre-pandemic

There was a similar post about this not too long ago and it's crazy to think that we the prices will not revert back to the way before pre-pandemic

Why did you ever think they were going to?

The pandemic was a war. Who against who is up for debate, but it was a world event on the level of a war. Just like a war, there was never going to be any "back to the way it used to be" for the people involved, only finding out what the new normal is.

This is it.

Why did you ever think they were going to?

The pandemic was a war. Who against who is up for debate, but it was a world event on the level of a war. Just like a war, there was never going to be any "back to the way it used to be" for the people involved, only finding out what the new normal is.

This is it.
Against the status quo to establish more Globalist control!

But even the clone farmertec G395 cuts like an oem 395. Under 300 shipped to door PHO
Guess I made out pretty well for the cost. All I had to do to the clone was retune out of the box, haven’t touched a thing since

But even the clone farmertec G395 cuts like a oem 395. Under 300 shipped to door PHO
Also didn’t expect the 661 to have that much of an improvement over the 660

I'll answer this con artist question... No, I'm not a dealer. Far from it. I only have 1 chainsaw and that's the best saw ever made! The good ol T435 Husky.. dropped a big 85ft tall aspen with this bad boy last week. All those loonies with their 12 395s... Ha! Waste of money.. Spend some of it on a stripper at least and less time on a forum...
Strippers cost money whereas tools make money, simple economics.

Can you make sense out of this? This place had a few Husqvarna chop or demo saws, Could not even order chainsaw parts, likely could order a diesel Husqvarna jack hammer compressor that side of the Husqvarna business. How did they recruit them to drop Husqvarna and install a Stihl section?

The next over Stihl location Apex has a walk in parts service door, the next over Stihl location is the largest storefront for a multi site John Deere dealeship that usess the buildig as sort of a warehouse for other storefronts and I have seen both 151 and 881 or the prior ending in 0. You can get parts at a parts counter that does parts of ipl sheets in an experienced way.

If they are not getting a healthy mark up how can they recruit these brand x to switch?
View attachment 1149494

I don't think you will find many Husqvarna dealers that wouldn't drop it for Stihl if they could get it.

I'm just saying there is not much mark up in saws. Parts and repairs is where you can make some money.

I don't think you will find many Husqvarna dealers that wouldn't drop it for Stihl if they could get it.

I'm just saying there is not much mark up in saws. Parts and repairs is where you can make some money.
I’d bet dealers would drop that Swedish junk for echo given the chance, Definitely for Stihl. Either product is superior to the ikea crap.

Here in Texas where I’m at it’s all Stihl and Echo, only Husky around here is at big box stores

That's a lot of conjecture weather a company would drop one brand for another. Stihls been doing a bang up job of signing on every Tom, Richard and Harry lately. Not great for the brand image imo. I can run about anywhere and grab a pos stihl from an ace hardware and the pos husqy saws are sitting eight next to them and at a better price point to boot. Echo is quickly loosing the value per dollar with how they've been jacking up their prices too. Oh, and I can get them at lowes as well. Every "saw shop" (and I use that term very loosely.) Has stihl and husqy and most have echo too around here. Very few are shops I'd bother to deal with. I actually make a 45 minute drive to a decent shop since my local saw shop sold out to a bunch of know nothing idiots. They are a "stihl" dealer and wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between a ms 250 and a ms170. Pretty pathetic really. The brand doesn't mean crap without a good dealer.

That's a lot of conjecture weather a company would drop one brand for another. Stihls been doing a bang up job of signing on every Tom, Richard and Harry lately. Not great for the brand image imo. I can run about anywhere and grab a pos stihl from an ace hardware and the pos husqy saws are sitting eight next to them and at a better price point to boot. Echo is quickly loosing the value per dollar with how they've been jacking up their prices too. Oh, and I can get them at lowes as well. Every "saw shop" (and I use that term very loosely.) Has stihl and husqy and most have echo too around here. Very few are shops I'd bother to deal with. I actually make a 45 minute drive to a decent shop since my local saw shop sold out to a bunch of know nothing idiots. They are a "stihl" dealer and wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between a ms 250 and a ms170. Pretty pathetic really. The brand doesn't mean crap without a good dealer.
Idk. My Ace Hardware dealers here are better. The VOPEC place which has been a Stihl dealer for much longer is the scummiest dealer I have been to. They charged me $80 for a repair that should have been covered under warranty and left some of my units out in the rain when they were waiting for pickup. They also do not believe in first come first serve either because basic repairs took weeks on end. Dealer hate aside... I just hope I can get a job at the local rental place for the weekends so I can get discounts on rentals, and Stihl products, make some money, and gain more experience as a whole. The dude that works there has even joked with me and my dad about hiring me for Saturdays. We have been there a lot, and I have rented a lot of machines from them and they are also where I got some of my flip machines.

Dyno sheet numbers directly correlate to the measure of engine performance without all the bs varriables. 🙄
Yeah and they are worthless in the feild or with long bars. 🤔
Please tell us how having a peak horsepower number relates to a chainsaw with a long bar cutting large logs? The saw doesn't run anywhere near your peak numbers but please proceed.

Latest posts

Back