Stihl prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah and they are worthless in the feild or with long bars. 🤔
Please tell us how having a peak horsepower number relates to a chainsaw with a long bar cutting large logs? The saw doesn't run anywhere near your peak numbers but please proceed.
wtf does comparing peek hp matter when your primarily concerned about the torque curve? Any engine, doesn't matter if it's 2 or 4 stroke that has a better torque curve that start early in the usable rpm range and stays flat over over a wide rom band is going to better then an engine with a crappy short torque curve that peeks and drops off.
Any dyni worth a crap will make that as plane as day comparing different t engine or modifications to the same engine. Bar size doesn't matter, chain sharpness doesn't matter, operator doesn't matter on the dyno. Learn to read the data.

Peak Performance Numbers are one- dimensional, and they represent a very generic and quick idea of capabilities. So, pretty basic.

Dyno charts are 2-D graphs, and are still "pretty basic." A dyno chart is a representation of what to reasonably expect under various real-world conditions, which is why they're used when tuning engines.

In the performance tuning world there are 4-D maps, reading them isn't bad, but computers for high-end engines are pushing much more complex stuff than that around. That stuff takes some time to understand.

Some guys don't like numbers and are all about feel, like McCullough owners. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Those old saws aren't going to put down big numbers, but they do have "personality," and it's hard to argue numbers when you have a saw that "just feels right."

So, yeah, whatever floats your boat, go with that.

Hey....where is Randy? He can shed light on this.............oh yeah I know where he is. He is building great saws in Tennessee.
Doesn't he buy batches of brand new Stihl saws and modify them? He likely could have a comment about the title of the thread here.

Pictures of dis assembled current production stuff is in short supply lately, the insides that is.

Doesn't he buy batches of brand new Stihl saws and modify them? He likely could have a comment about the title of the thread here.

Pictures of dis assembled current production stuff is in short supply lately, the insides that is.
You missed my point

I care and also wonder a few things.
What sort of a deal could I get on say 7 or 8 of the 500i models if I went to a large volume John Deere place.
The 500i has an inboard clutch and side chain adjuster. If you had enough crew to have 5 in use and a few as back up the 500i would be a better choice or not?

I can say as a current Parts Salesperson at Atlantic Tractor, my management would not allow any discount unless you had a Pre-Pay or Farm Plan account.

Hey....where is Randy? He can shed light on this.............oh yeah I know where he is. He is building great saws in Tennessee.
Dude, he builds cookie cutter duplicates like modern housing developers build homes.
It is not a thought process or anything all that tough to do. Take five saws the same model then figure out what gives the most bang for his time invested. Keep moving towards less work performed faster. Nothing new or great there. In reality he copied others work for the most part and progressed from there. It is the same as most people do. He is a... well I won't say. He does enjoy pissing on others when and how he sees fit. Junkies have a hard time breaking old habits is how it was explained to me by many others.

Let it be known that the real reason he was asked to leave here, came back and got booted again was because of his behavior like a child. He has this following that will help promote is brand of slander. They do it well considering some of them are pedos it's not surprising. That's not a spelling error. He is excellent at pointing fingers or blasting bs from a soap box like Cesar. It's pretty easy when you bait the mob and they bite constantly. Having a private group room to bash other or discredit them is also a pretty convenient deal for him. None of this is new, interesting or great. To be a fly on the wall there wouldn't be interesting.

Latest posts

Back