40 cc class saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have most every new model Dolmar saw and that is the one that I choose to carry with me, my favorite. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ran a Redmax GZ4000 this weekend at the GTG and was super impressed. It cuts far stronger than it's 2.4hp suggest, and it is a flyweight. I would LOVE to have one ported. I think one went home with Randy. When I see how it turned out, I might pony up and buy one. They are on Ebay for $210.

I was not thinking straight and purchased a 241 for the hell of it..yes it was alot of money for 40cc..yes i did have buyers remorse and tried to sell it never fueled..noone wanted it ..so the muffler got modded and i used it for a few hours last friday , and between the muffler mod and a rim upgrade i can say ill never be without it..awesome saw for 40cc

Regarding my new 421, does anyone know off-hand what drive link count of a compatible Stihl PS chain would be?

No one's said anything about the Jonsered 2240. I've used one at work for over 3 years now. Nice little, lightweight saw. Not a pro model by any means. I'm no logger or professional arborist, but it gets run harder with us than it would by your average homeowner. Great for limbing. With a sharp chain, I wouldn't hesitate to take down a 12-13" hardwood tree with it (except maybe for hedge/osage orange). But I'd say you made a good choice. I've never run a 421, but sounds like a very good saw.

I ran a Redmax GZ4000 this weekend at the GTG and was super impressed. It cuts far stronger than it's 2.4hp suggest, and it is a flyweight. I would LOVE to have one ported. I think one went home with Randy. When I see how it turned out, I might pony up and buy one. They are on Ebay for $210.

This was a good read. The Redmax did very well considering it's price point. GZ4000, 420, and 241cm

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/40cc-shoot-out.233295/

Thanks! 16". I wanted to order a chain from Bailey's ahead of time and they have 55 and 56 counts. Saw should be delivered tomorrow, so I can wait to confirm the bar stamp. I was thinking 56, but wasn't sure.

Best guess

If it's a 14 inch chain, should be 52 dl.

If it's a 16 inch chain, should be 56 dl.

Exact numbers will be stamped on the bar itself.

Take Care

Thanks! 16". I wanted to order a chain from Bailey's ahead of time and they have 55 and 56 counts. Saw should be delivered tomorrow, so I can wait to confirm the bar stamp. I was thinking 56, but wasn't sure.
Get some Stihl chain instead. You just need the correct numbers and won't regret it!

I liked the 241cm I had but I still believe that the ultimate 40cc saw is still the Husqvarna 242xp.

Latest posts

Back