Husqvarna372xp or Stihlms460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
id also buy the 460. i like the stihl feel.
but i do have a 372 and wont be getn rid of it

Thanks guys I will be getting one of them tomarrow. I am going to run both of them and try and decide?

both great saws.

better gas caps on the Husky and parts will be cheaper if you ever need one.not likely if you take care of it.

i assume your dealer sells both so no worries about which dealer is closer.

i prefer the 372s and that is what i own but i would not hesitate to buy an MS460.they are great saws.

460 all day! more power, better parts availibility, sweeter saw.

i will say the 372 is stinkn smooth. shockinly smooth

alos the xpw is only like 30 bucks more then standerd xp and is 75cc saw like 460

It comes down to your values

ergonomics/av/air injection air filtration=selling points of 372xp.

More ccs, more torque, classic stihl construction= ms 460

In terms of money, if you're paying the same price, you're either getting an ok deal on the 372 and a good deal on the 460 or a good deal on the 372 and a really good deal on the 460. Speaking of my area at least, the 460 is around $150ish more.

get both heres mine 372 044
GEDC1314.jpg

like i said, and evan agrees, we both have stihls and huskies, and both vote stihls, they are ruggad, tough as nails and will out work you, i like the huskies too, dont have a 372, but have 2 272s, and they are very nice saws, but i like the feel, controll, and ease of maintinance/teardown of the stihls..

Get both run them for a while and sell the one you least like. Or keep them both because now that you are asking questions on this forum you will soon find yourself buying more and more saws then you will ever need.

I believe the full wrap model is 75 cc's, (so I was told at the shop were I just bought another 390). They are slick little saws, and have good vibe, air filtration, and overall construction. I have never owned one, but have ran them. I believe they are a good saw.

like i said, and evan agrees, we both have stihls and huskies, and both vote stihls, they are ruggad, tough as nails and will out work you, i like the huskies too, dont have a 372, but have 2 272s, and they are very nice saws, but i like the feel, controll, and ease of maintinance/teardown of the stihls..

I disagree, 372 will last as long, they are both easy to work on, not one is easier or harder then the other to work on. The 372 has everything going for it, the 460 doesn't, the only thing the 460's got on the 372 is slightly more power, but that also doesn't mean the 372 is short on power, 272's are allot different then 372's, so unless you have a 372, how can you comment on the features and ease of maintenance. I have a 372, and a 046 which is pretty much the same dang thing as a 460, and I love both.

Latest posts

Back